Pan-Florida Challenge Charity Bicycle Ride
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
2 people are interested
The bicycle ride will start at FGCU and go all the way to Sarasota.
We need volunteers both at FGCU and at Sarasota.
-Cheering on riders
-Set up and break down
-Hand out goodie bags, medals, and awards
-Bicycle mechanics and repairs
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Pan-Florida Challenge Feeding Hungry Kids
2097 Trade Center Way, Ste. D, Naples, FL 34109, US
Pan-Florida Challenge raises money for cancer prevention and patient support. We provide nutritious PFC Power Packs meals to chronically hungry children because malnutrition has been shown to increase the risk of cancer. We also partner with organizations to help fund cancer research and offer financial and emotional support to cancer patients of all ages and their families. PFC has provided more than five million meals to children since our founding in 2014.
Pan-Florida Challenge has long known that hunger greatly affects a child’s performance and behavior in school: hungry children are more likely to have lower test scores, repeat a grade, and are tardy and absent more frequently. Suffering from a lack of enough food to fuel an active, healthy life, children cannot grow and learn. Now that Pan-Florida Challenge has provided over 5 million meals to children, it is time for the organization to look beyond the school years and examine the long-term repercussions of chronic hunger and how we can help.
Moving forward, Pan-Florida Challenge will:
- provide nutritional PFC Power Packs to chronically hungry children because malnutrition and poor nutrition have been shown to increase the risk of getting cancer
- provide financial and emotional support to cancer patients of all ages and their families
- fund research on the interactions between hunger and nutrition and cancer,
Pan-Florida Challenge remains committed to solving childhood hunger. By adding cancer to our mission, we expect that we will be able to serve even more people and feed even more children nutritious meals that will help ensure their long-term health.
10501 FGCU Blvd SFort Myers, FL 33965
- People 55+
- You can help us for 10 minutes or the full 2 days. We will take all the help we can get and we appreciate it.
- Please, visit https://secure2.convio.net/panfl/site/TR?sid=1040&pg=informational&fr_id=1080 for more information and to sign up. Thanks