25 people are interested
Guest Experience Volunteer (Teens)
ORGANIZATION: Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science
Please visit the new page to apply.
25 people are interested
PURPOSE: The Guest Experience Volunteer at the Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science (Frost Science) will work alongside the Guest Experience team to assist staff by welcoming guests, helping guests with directional and general information, and aiding Guest Experience staff in the exhibit galleries.
- Welcome guests to the museum.
- Answer guests’ questions related to directions, shows and general information to help ensure guests have a positive experience.
- Assist Guest Experience staff in the exhibit galleries by helping to direct visitors through specific experiences or by aiding with seating for Planetarium shows.
- Receive training and gain knowledge around the content specific to the exhibit galleries.
- Assist staff with evaluations to collect visitor feedback.
- Assist with the training of other greeter volunteers.
- Perform all assigned tasks.
- Interest in science and Frost Science’s mission.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Reliable and punctual, with good attendance.
- Must demonstration an enthusiastic and friendly attitude at all times, focused on guest satisfaction.
- Ability to work well with different personalities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to problem-solve and be resourceful.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) or (English/Creole) preferred.
- Experience in customer service a plus.
- Must be 16 years or older.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work generally involves moving around the museum.
- Work is performed both indoors and outdoors, with potentially some office work.
- Level 2 background clearance as defined by Miami-Dade County Public Schools.
- Drug screening as part of the Drug Free Workplace Program.
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine(s) by date of hire to be considered for employment unless applicant is eligible for an exemption pursuant to all applicable laws.
Please apply online: https://www.frostscience.org/volunteer/
About Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science
1101 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33132, US
Frost Science inspires and connects people of all ages and backgrounds to enjoy science and technology, and to better understand ourselves and our world.
The Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science is a leading science museum dedicated to sharing the power of science, sparking wonder and investigation, and fueling innovation for the future.
1101 Biscayne BlvdMiami, FL 33132
June 12, 2022
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Group Facilitation
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Commit to a minimum of 100 hours per year.