DONATE TO THIS
11 people are interested
Grant Writer Associate- Most Needed & Appreciated!
DONATE TO THIS
11 people are interested
You are needed! FACES needs assistance with large and small grants and contract writing and assembling. Please contact us if you would like to see a non profit working from the inside!
Our agency, FACES has been in operation since 1988. We are 90% volunteer and treasure our volunteer resources! We help children who are caught in the middle of their parents' conflicts. We also help single parents, foster parents, step parents and their families in crisis.
If you like to write and have good writing skills, we need you!
For nearly 34 years, FACES counseling services has welcomed and strived to empower all volunteers and staff and those working to overcome cultural, educational, economic, and language barriers to achieve self-sufficiency through its programs and counseling services for parents in crisis due to divorce, domestic violence and substance abuse.
The Grant Writing Associate is responsible for the research, development, and management of foundation, corporate, and government grant proposals and reports. The primary responsibilities of this position include prospect research and identification; grant development, writing, and production; grants management, tracking, and reporting; supporting funder relationships; and coordination with staff working to accomplish grant-related goals. This position interacts with diverse internal and external stakeholders and often operates under tight deadline pressure. In addition to their primary responsibilities, this position supports FACES’ recent initiatives and other fundraising responsibilities as needed.
This opportunity encompasses the following has skills to include:
Bachelor’s degree in a related field, Master’s degree in social service or related field desired, not mandatory.
- At least two years of experience in non-profit fundraising and grant management and related government contracts management.
- Knowledge of grant writing and editing skills with attention to detail, and an ability to synthesize complex outcomes and outputs related to large systemic issues.
- The ability to manage and prioritize multiple complex tasks and maintain composure under deadlines in a constantly changing environment.
- Commitment to collaboration, respect, service and works effectively as part of a team and with individuals from a broad range of backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong research skills, especially in identifying funds for nonprofits, developing proposals and tracking required statistics and analytics for reporting purposes.
- Knowledge of statistical relationships, and ability to articulate metrics.
- Knowledge of systemic, societal issues relating to families in crisis and underserved communities.
This volunteer position was held for 10 years by our past volunteer, so there are plenty of sample grants to start with. This position may have opportunities for future employment.
Please let us know if you have blocks of time to help us with projects!
About FACES Inc.- Family Assessment, Counseling & Education Services
2601 E. Chapman Ave Ste 114, Fullerton, CA 92831, US
F.A.C.E.S. mission is to provide community based professional counseling and other services for children and their families in crisis from separation and divorce, and to provide education to prevent family violence.
Family Assessment Counseling & Education Services, bettter known as F.A.C.E.S. was founded in 1988 for children and families in crisis.
Our Programs were developed in response to community needs They include:
- Family and Child Counseling, monitored visits, anger management, parenting classes, single parents groups, co-parents groups, teen anger management, childrens groups.
- Education Services for professionals who work with families. English and Spanish, Farsi, Korean, Vietnamese, etc.
Fundraising events include a volunteer recognition lunch, a barbecue, a gala dinner in the fall, a pie eating contest on CSUF campus, a Thanksgiving Feast for volunteers, several restaurant fundraisers, a casino night and Hearts in Action every year in February. Please see our website at www.facescal.org for more information.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 13, 2021
- Strategic Planning
- Capacity Planning
- Grant Writing / Research
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Business Development
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Four to eight hours per week after orientation.
- Good office skills. Organizational skills.