Volunteer Lobby Greeters Needed at Chelsea Soldiers' Home
Chelsea Soldiers Home
Established in the late 1880s, the Chelsea Soldiers' Home strives to provide, with dignity, honor, and respect, the highest quality of personal healthcare services to MA residents. You can help us in our mission through becoming a Volunteer Lobby Greeter. As a Volunteer Lobby Greeter, you will:
- Provides escort assistance to guests as needed to locations.
- Assists with questions, directions and helps to connect the guest with services as needed.
- Cordially greets visitors and patients upon arrival. Ascertains patients’ and or visitors’ needs and directs them accordingly.
- Assist patients and visitors by obtaining wheelchairs or other services as needed.
- Contacts Service Response for assistance when necessary for the lobby and entrance areas.
- Monitors the overall appearance of the hospital entrance.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Required Responsibilities of the Volunteer:
Must be registered with CHE Volunteer Department.
Must complete Volunteer Orientation, unit training, and safety training.
Must adhere to the agreed upon volunteer schedule.
Must provide proof of a negative TB test.
Must have flu vaccination between the months of November 1-March 30.
Adheres to The Home’s values and standards of behavior.
Works in a safe manner and promptly report any hazards identified in the work environment.
Adheres to policies and procedures designed to avoid, prevent and reduce the spread of communicative diseases.
Demonstrate knowledge and maintains and respects patient right to privacy by following the HIPAA Privacy and Security Policies and procedures.
All volunteers will need to go through a background check. Additionally, volunteers will receive training on the Chelsea Soldiers' Home's policies and procedures.
About Chelsea Soldiers Home
91 Crest Avenue, Chelsea, MA 02150, US
To provide, with dignity, honor, and respect, the highest quality of personal health care services to eligible Massachusetts veterans.
Established in 1882, the Soldiers Home in Chelsea offers residential and long-term health care programs to eligible Massachusetts veterans.