Enhance a Veteran's Quality of Life by Becoming a Library Room Volunteer
1 person is interested
Established in the late 1880s, the Chelsea Soldiers' Home strives to provide, with dignity, honor, and respect, the highest quality of personal healthcare services to MA residents. You can help us in our mission through becoming a Library Room Volunteer while serving our veterans who live on site. As a Library Room Volunteer, you will:
1. Create a welcoming environment through greeting and assisting residents with locating a book to read or other library tasks.
- Organize books in the library.
- Open and close library.
- Encourage use of the library through the creation of a book club, a current events discussion group, or some other resident activity.
All volunteers will need to go through a background check. Additionally, volunteers will receive training on the Chelsea Soldiers' Home's policies and procedures.
About Chelsea Soldiers Home
91 Crest Avenue, Chelsea, MA 02150, US
To provide, with dignity, honor, and respect, the highest quality of personal health care services to eligible Massachusetts veterans.
Established in 1882, the Soldiers Home in Chelsea offers residential and long-term health care programs to eligible Massachusetts veterans.
91 Crest AveChelsea, MA 02150
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers will volunteer for approx. 8 hrs per week. Opportunity is ongoing.
- Interpersonal skills, patience, experience working with veterans and people with disabilities preferred, library experience preferred.