Share your creativity with Girl Scouts! (Sacramento)
What’s sparkly and bright and can be seen from afar? A cookie booth! Join us for a fun, hands-on workshop where girls will create fun decorations to bling out your booth! Girls will use their creativity in designing and making signs, banners, decorations and so much more! Event Support volunteers will assist Girl Scout staff with all event related activities including helping girls with paint, glitter and supplies, event registration, set-up and clean-up.
- Passionate about encouraging girls to explore, learn and grow
- Supportive of different learning and communication styles
- Desire to provide high-energy experiences to girls
- Willing to provide essential event support such as event organization, set-up and clean-up
- Experience working with children ages 5-18, helpful but not necessary
- Can lift a minimum of 5 pounds
- Punctual, dependable, enthusiastic, flexible and positive attitude
- Knowledge of the Girl Scout Cookie Program is helpful, but not mandatory
- Help provide a safe space where participants can learn, grow and make memories
- Encourage girls to try new activities, work as a team, and think outside the box
- Support event set-up and clean-up, registration, and evaluations
- Must be over 18 years old
- Must be able to volunteer for the full event
Benefits of volunteering in this role:
- Gain experience supporting group activities for children
- Work in a diverse setting with an emphasis on building girls’ knowledge in financial literacy and life skills.
- Be a champion for girls as they develop a lifetime of leadership skills and confidence
- Expand your professional network; list volunteer work on LinkedIn and be recognized for your contributions and service
- Students: This position is eligible for community service hours (Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.)
This event will take place in Sacramento, CA.
About Girl Scouts Heart of Central California
6601 Elvas Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95819, US
Building girls of courage, confidence, and character that make the world a better place.
Girl Scouts is the world’s most successful organization dedicated to creating girl leaders, with 3.2 million active members and more than 59 million alumnae. Since its founding in 1912, women have explored new fields of knowledge, learned valuable skills and developed strong core values through Girl Scouting. Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place.
At Girl Scouts, girls are going to have tons of fun, make new friends and go on fantastic new adventures. They’re also going to get the chance to do big things. Our program centers on something called the Girl Scout Leadership Experience-a collection of activities and experiences girls have as they earn badges, sell cookies, go on exciting trips, explore the outdoors, do Take Action projects that make a difference and more. The result? A lifetime of leadership!
SacramentoSacramentoSacramento, CA 95819
- Youth Services
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- One time event, three hour shift
- Volunteers must be 18 years old or older, and complete a background check.