Board Member Needed - Treasurer
4 people are interested
Pivedite Inc. is looking to fill the Treasury position on our Board of Directors. This is a non-paid volunteer position.
This is an excellent opportunity if you want to:
1. Volunteer for an organization that wants to end social problems in Philadelphia.
2. Communicate your ideas on how to end social problems.
3. Expand your current influence in the nonprofit sector.
4. Work on a new and exciting project for social change.
What are we doing?
Through "solutions journalism", Pivedite will inform the Philadelphia Region about pivotal solutions to social problems and will encourage expedited action to end those problems.
Our first project is a biweekly blog called "Pivedite's Call to Action for Philadelphia". Each blog post highlights a range of ideas, policies, services, or government actions that can be used to end 10 social problems in Philadelphia. Each blog post also challenges the Philadelphia Region to end these 10 problems on a system level or on an individual level. As the organization grows, we plan to add more services to help end Philadelphia’s problems.
Pivedite is a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Our name was created by combining the words pivotal and expedite, and our tagline is "pivotal solutions expedited."
* Provide overall financial management/oversight for the organization.
* Assist in developing budgets and creating financial statements/reports.
* Liaison with financial institutions as needed.
* Help develop the organization’s strategic plan.
* Help develop the organization’s fundraising/development plan.
* Attend networking events to promote and grow the organization.
* Help connect the organization to social change organizations in the city.
* Assist with administrative tasks as needed.
* Provide ideas for social media, blog, and website content.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About PIVEDITE INC
330 CRESTVIEW CIR, MEDIA, PA 19063, US
Through "solutions journalism", Pivedite informs the Philadelphia Region about pivotal solutions to social problems and will encourage expedited action to end those problems.
Our first project is a biweekly blog called Pivedite's Call to Action for Philadelphia. Each blog post highlights a range of ideas, policies, services, or government actions that can be used to end 10 social problems in Philadelphia. The 10 problems we are focusing on are listed on our website.
Each blog post also challenges the Philadelphia Region to end these 10 problems on a system level or on an individual level. We are open to receiving information for our blog from any individual, organization, or government as long as it promotes ending the problem.
In addition to our first blog, our social media pages comment on news related to the 10 problems. We are planning to add services in 2020.
We'll work with your schedule.
events in PhiladelphiaPhiladelphia, PA 19107
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Strategic Planning
- Financial Planning
- Business Development
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Orientation or Training
- minimum couple of hours a month
- • Previous experience as a Treasurer and/or related financial services field required. • Experience working and/or volunteering at a nonprofit. • Solid written and public speaking skills. • Creative and enjoys discussing big ideas.