How are we doing? Student and Tutor Satisfaction Survey Volunteer
1 person is interested
We want to know how satisfied our students and tutors are in our program! We have over 600 students gaining English Literacy and familiarity with U.S. culture with the support of over 300 tutors.
We can use assistance is administering a survey to a representative sample of our participants.
We are seeking volunteers who are friendly, patient, and motivating to administer this survey and get rich feedback from participants.
You need to be organized, able to communicate clearly, take detailed notes, and have good time management.
We are at 14 locations throughout DuPage and Western Cook County. so being able to access these various locations to meet our population is crucial.
Knowledge of a second language (i.e. Spanish, Polish, Chinese, Arabic), is a plus.
From January through the end of May, we hope to administer the survey.
Interested? Contact us today!
About TEACH (formerly School and Tutors on Wheels)
TEACH, 100 South 6th Avenue, La Grange, IL 60525, US
TEACH - Tutoring English to Advance Change - is a sponsored ministry of the Congregation of St. Joseph. Through free adult individualized English instruction, we work toward systemic change in society by empowering students to build their strengths and the effective use of their voice. We work to ensure the inclusion of those who are typically excluded, underrepresented, or undervalued. TEACH exists, "That All May Be One."
TEACH - Tutoring English to Advance Change - works toward systemic change in society by empowering adults with limited English proficiency to make their voices heard through a unique integration of practical one-on-one English literacy education, and individualized cultural mentoring and community inclusion support.
As cultural mentors and coaches, TEACH tutors are responsive to each student's language and cultural challenges and circumstances as they transition to becoming active members of their communities:
* For the English language learner anxious about being unable to communicate at her child's first parent-teacher conference, the tutor explains the purpose of the conference and what to expect.
* For the English Language learner obtaining a driver’s license, the tutor explains the process, the documents needed, and what to expect at the DMV.
* For the English language learner who needs a job, the tutor helps him navigate through the job search process unique to U.S. culture, prepare resumes and applications, and practice interviewing.
* For the English language learner renting an apartment, the tutor explains conventions of renting, and reviews the lease with the student to explain any unclear language.
During the 2017-2018 academic year, 335 TEACH tutors provided 9,000 one-to-one tutoring to 635 students at 18 tutoring sites. Tutors also assisted 30 students in becoming U.S. citizens.
TEACH reaches communities in Western Cook, DuPage, and Will counties.
We'll work with your schedule.
DuPage and Western Cook CountyLa Grange, IL 60525
December 19, 2019
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Cross-cultural Communication
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 to 5 hours a week, January through end of May
- able to travel around DuPage and Western Cook County