Help Creek Critters - label storm drains with "No Polluting" decals
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
5 people are interested
Label the storm drains in your neighborhood with "No Polluting- Drains to Creek" signs. Oil, trash, petwaste, fertilizer or any other pollutant in your neighborhood can be washed by the rain down the storm drains. These drains lead directly to the creek and ponds. By placing these labels you can help to keep the creeks clean protecting our health and that of the creatures who call it home.
All supplies are provided. As long as its not raining, you can pick your day, time and location within Butler County, Ohio. A great activity for any age, for any size of group, including individuals.
If you are outside of Butler County, we can try to put you in contact with your local coordinator.
About Butler SWCD
1802 Princeton Rd, Suite 300, Hamilton, OH 45011, US
Butler Soil and Water Conservation District aims to provide strong technical and educational assistance to the landowners and residents of Butler County in the field of natural resources.
The Butler Soil and Water Conservation District is a subdivision of the state of Ohio, and is assisted by the Butler County Commissioners, the Ohio Soil & Water Conservation Commission, and the Ohio Department of Natural Resources through the Division of Soil and Water Resources.
Technical assistance for conservation practices is provided without charge by the Butler SWCD through the United States Department of Agriculture, Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS) personnel.
The objectives of the Butler SWCD include:
- Reduce soil erosion loss on both urban and agricultural lands.
- Improve water quality by serving as a resource base for water quality data and educating the public concerning storm water management and erosion control.
- To increase both the rural and urban communities' awareness of the value, need, and ways of conserving our natural resources.
- Promote woodland and wildlife management by local landowners.
- Conduct a strong informational and educational program in the schools and with the general public.
- Provide adequate funding, personnel and equipment to meet the future needs of district operations.
We'll work with your schedule.
1802 Princeton RdHamilton, OH 45011
- People 55+
- Time commitment is up to you. Some volunteers spend an hour in their neighborhood, others go out for over 20 hours over the course of the year.
- Must be willing to volunteer in: Butler County