During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
Do you like helping people and saving lives? As a Blood Donor Ambassador you help provide professional customer service in a medical setting to make blood donors feel inspired to return. Help check-in blood donors, coordinate new appointments, answer FAQ and distribute snacks to blood donors. Blood drives are held throughout Orange County. Volunteer hours accumulated can be used to satisfy applicable class prerequisites, strengthen your skills, learn new skills or potentially lead to a recommendation letter resource. *Volunteers will have access to an online calendar and can schedule themselves for the shifts and locations of choice.
* Manage the reception process by ensuring each donor is warmly greeted and assisted with initial intake according to the appointment priority system.
* Manage the hospitality experience by offering refreshments to donors, thanking them for their contribution, and alerting staff immediately if a donor shows signs of feeling unwell.
* Socialize and build relationships with blood donors to promote future blood donations
* Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately.
* Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values.
* Make reminder calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed.
* Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas.
*MUST live in Orange County
* Able to commit to 6 months or (3 months for qualifying nursing students)
*Two 4 or 6 hour shifts per month
*Volunteer Locations available in all Orange County
* Professional, clear and diplomatic communication skills
* Punctual and dependable in arriving for shift
* Reliable transportation
Email, Call or Text Karla.Legorreta@redcross.org at (714) 380-7263
600 Park Center Dr., Santa Ana, CA 92705, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. People like you, serving as Blood Services Ambassadors helping to improve a blood donor's experience or serving as a Blood Driver, transporting life saving blood and blood product make a difference every day. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
600 Park Center Dr.Santa Ana, CA 92705
April 20, 2020