Coach for Girls on the Run- Beaverton
3 people are interested
At Girls on the Run, we inspire girls to recognize their inner strength and celebrate what makes them one of a kind! We’re looking for enthusiastic dedicated, and positive volunteers to join our coaching community for our spring 2020 season. Volunteer coaches work together to deliver the Girls on the Run curriculum to girls in grades 3rd-8th over the course of 10 weeks (March through May).
Teams meet twice a week after school for 90 minutes each lesson. Girls on the Run of Portland will provide all of the training, curriculum and supplies you need for the entire season! The expected time commitment is 4 hours per week for lesson preparation and facilitation, with additional time to complete the requirements for coach training and to attend the end-of-season 5K celebration. Sign up at the link below and come help inspire girls to be joyful, healthy, and confident!
Please apply here: https://www.girlsontherunpdx.org/coach
- Head coaches must be female and 21 years or older
- Assistant coaches must be 18 years or older
- All coaches must complete a coach application each season
- All coaches must complete one-hour online training module
- All coaches must attend in-person coach training (5 hours for new coaches, 2 hours for returners)
- All coaches must have a current background check with GOTR (paid for by GOTR)
- Attend all (two) practices per week for a weekly time commitment of approximately 4 hours
- A strong commitment to girls’ positive development.
- Capacity to work in partnership with co-coaches and Site Liaison.
- Experience working with youth a plus, but not necessary.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Coaches do not have to be runners. Any person who lives a healthy lifestyle and is committed to improving the lives of girls can volunteer as a coach.
- Approximately 4-6 hours per week. **
- Three hours of practice
- On-site time before and after practice
- Curriculum preparation
- Snack purchasing/preparation
- Communication with the team’s coaches, girls’ families and the GOTR office.
**The time commitment will vary based on how the coaching team splits up responsibilities. While all coaches must take turns facilitating the curriculum at each practice, they will choose how to delegate additional tasks as a team.
About GIRLS ON THE RUN OF PORTLAND METRO
2337 NW YORK ST SUITE 202E, PORTLAND, OR 97210, US
Girls on the Run is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams.
We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy, and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
West Portland Area Elementary SchoolsBeaverton, OR 97007
- Teaching / Instruction
- Sports Coaching
- Youth Services
- Child Development
- Physical Education
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- One half day of training in February. 90 minute after school program twice a week, around 4 hour commitment per week.
- Please apply here: https://www.girlsontherunpdx.org/coach