Patient Support Volunteers Needed!
DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
Florida Cancer Specialists Foundation
Job Description Summary: This position is responsible for supporting the non-medical needs of adult patients in the infusion/treatment areas, in an effort to provide comfort and companionship. Patient Support Volunteers are ambassadors for the FCS Foundation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Greet patients and guests with a smile and friendly voice.
* Ensure each patient has a clean pillowcase and blanket.
* Restock cupboards with supplies, blankets and pillowcases at the end of the shift.
* Distribute snacks, prepare coffee or other beverages, and serve to patients and guests.
* Restock snacks, beverages, and supplies at the end of the shift.
* Restock the blanket warmer, if applicable.
* Offer assistance escorting patients to chairs or other parts of the facility, if needed.
* Engage patients and guests in light, easy conversation.
* Hand out magazines, books and FCS Foundation information to patients and guests.
* Wipe down patient chairs after patient has left using gloves and sanitizing wipes. Place used blankets in laundry baskets and dispose of used pillow cases.
* Log in and log out in the infusion areas with your name, time you arrived and time you left, as well as total hours you worked each shift.
* Excellent verbal communication skills are required. Be an FCSF ambassador.
* Basic computer and internet skills, as well as an email address, are essential.
* Must have a friendly and compassionate personality.
* Able to commit to a minimum of two hours a week, on a regular basis.
* Must be 18 years old or over.
* We are not able to accommodate patients who are actively being treated for cancer, or court-ordered community service.
* Ability to stand and walk for three hours with light lifting, carrying and bending.
The Florida Cancer Specialists Foundation provides the necessary training for each volunteer position. VCI's part in this opportunity is to provide volunteers who are 55+ with a (free) comprehensive benefits package (inclusive of accident, personal liability and automobile liability insurance, a life Insurance benefit, free workshops and more) during the hours that you volunteer! Please contact the RSVP Manager over Orange County for more information: 407-298-4180, x 113 / email@example.com.
RSVP, a part of Senior Corps, is America's largest volunteer network for people 55 and over, with more than 300,000 volunteers tackling tough issues in communities nationwide. RSVP shows you how you can apply the skills and wisdom you've acquired throughout your life to make a positive difference in the lives of others. RSVP is federally funded by the Corporation for National and Community Service.
About Volunteers for Community Impact
3545 Lake Breeze Dr., Orlando, FL 32808, US
Our mission: "Improving Lives Through Volunteerism."
We are the leading organization for senior volunteerism in the greater Central Florida area, serving Orange, Osceola, Seminole and Volusia counties. Just last year, 1,186 caring adult volunteers gave 438,683 hours of service. That is more than $9.5 million dollars worth of volunteer service being poured back into our communities.
Previously known as Florida Senior Programs, VCI has been the sponsoring agency for the REtired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) and Foster Grandparent Programs since 1977. Our 36 year presence has proven our aptitude for providing meaningful and impactful volunteer experiences.
VCI provides membership benefits and support to volunteers aged 55+, at no cost to the volunteers or their volunteer stations. Just a few of the benefits of membership include: Supplemental insurance while volunteering, a dedicated coordinator, and matching to find the perfect position to fit the interest of the volunteer.
We'll work with your schedule.
Florida Cancer Specialists FoundationOrlando, FL 32808
- Physician Assistant
- Patient Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Shifts are a minimum of three hours in length, morning or afternoon, with a recommended six month commitment.