73 people are interested
Please visit the new page to apply.
73 people are interested
Professionals, entrepreneurs, & business owners needed for our national business mentoring program
Please enroll as a mentor at https://form.jotform.com/92877953767178
About the BEA
Launching or growing a business can be complicated and overwhelming.The many factors involved - money, team, technology, marketing, legal, accounting - cause many people who want to be entrepreneurs and business owners to forego the opportunity to invest in their own talents, skills, and ideas.Even worse, some people count themselves out before fully exploring or understanding their options.
Black Connect’s Business & Entrepreneur Assessment (BEA) Program helps individuals who aspire to launch or grow a business venture, but need a roadmap to achieving their goals. This business mentoring program can help members to not only understand their strengths and capabilities, but also provides useful guidance for creating a business plan and finding additional resources.
The BEA helps participants answer fundamental questions such as:
1. Is entrepreneurship and business ownership right for me?
2. What type of business is best suited for me?
3. What roles do I need to fill for my business idea to succeed?
4. Should I form a corporation, LLC, or sole proprietorship?
5. How should I market my business?
6. What expenses should I expect in launching my business?
7. How do I develop a prototype?
- Mentors do not have to be business owners. Only experience in a business-related area is needed - sales, marketing, product development, insurance, accounting, law, banking, etc. We also need mental health professionals (therapists, counselors) who can help members cope with the stress of owning a business.
- Mentors serve in a voluntary capacity.
- Mentors play an integral part of helping Black Connect fulfill its mission of launching and growing Black-owned businesses.
- Mentors are designated moderators of the Black Connect Business Forum on Blackconnect.com.
- 100% remote with flexible scheduling and minimum time commitment. Minimum of one 15 minute phone/video consultation per week.
About BLACK CONNECT, INC.
27251 Wesley Chapel Blvd, Ste B14 #747, WESLEY CHAPEL, FL 33544, US
Black Connect is a national, membership-based, 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to eliminating the racial wealth gap in America by increasing the number and success rate of Black-owned businesses.
Founded on June 3, 2019, Black Connect is the only national, membership based organization focused solely on eliminating the racial wealth gap in America by increasing the number and success rate of Black-owned businesses. Our programs and mobile app provide tools and resources that foster and facilitate business ownership and economic independence.
We envision thriving Black businesses and communities across every state in America achieved through education, resources, collaboration, partnership, and mentoring. An entrepreneurial ecosystem is indispensable to significantly increase Black business ownership and make entrepreneurship more widespread and profitable.
Black Connect tears down silos with a national membership and chapter base; thereby fostering collaboration and increasing and unifying communication, awareness, and resources. Black Connect is developing a business incubator that will provide assistance with every aspect of the business cycle from idea to income.
We empower our members with a diverse range of ideas, tools, and resources that support professional and economic development. All members are connected via the Black Connect mobile app and business networking platform ( blackconnect.com).
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
December 22, 2021
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Business Planning
- Market Research / Analysis
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of one 15 - 30 minute phone/video consultation per week.
- Enroll as a mentor at https://form.jotform.com/92877953767178