Hospice Volunteer Needed North Fort Worth / Alliance
3 people are interested
Hospice volunteers needed for patient / family support. Depending on your interests, activities may include:
- Friendship and companionship for patients in facilities or private homes;
- Sitting with a patient while the family caregiver takes a break for a few hours;
- Entertaining and engaging patients with music, crafts, art, games or other activities;
- Helping a patient write a life story for family, a journal, letters or cards;
- Helping a hospice family with homemaking or yard care;
- Pet therapy (handler and pet must be CGC-certified and be current members of an AKC-approved, established pet therapy program);
- And more!
About Tender Heart Hospice
3210 W. Park Row, Arlington, TX 76013, US
Our Mission: - To provide uncompromising, quality care that is safe and effective to all individuals in need of hospice services; - To walk "tenderly" with our patients and families during their journey; - To provide symptom control and support for people in the last phase of incurable disease so that they may live with dignity and be as comfortable as possible. Tender Heart Hospice Care recognizes dying as a normal process and cycle of life. Our mission focuses on quality and dignity till the end and affirms life.
Hospice Care for Families facing Terminal Illness
We'll work with your schedule.
Various LocationsNorth Fort Worth and Alliance AreaFort Worth, TX 76244
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We work with your schedule. Most patient / family needs are once a week or occasional.
- Volunteer or person who drives volunteer to assignments must maintain current driver's license and auto insurance. Other requirements apply; contact organization for more information.