Community Ambassadors for Children with Special Needs & Disabilities
5 people are interested
The SPK Ambassadors fulfill SPK’s mission to support the families of children with special needs and disabilities through fundraising events, volunteerism and social advocacy in the community. If you are passionate about children's health and community involvement, we'd love for you to join us!
- Ambassadors will commit to participating in at least 3 SPK group service projects per the calendar year, wearing SPK t-shirts/gear to each event.
- Ambassadors will meet once monthly to discuss current goals, projects, and new ideas.
- Ambassadors will plan and execute two fundraisers per the calendar year, with the guidance and leadership of Marketing and Event Coordinators at SPK.
- Ambassadors will promote SPK via social media at least twice monthly, using the hashtag #SkyePreciousKids
- Ambassadors may attend networking and community events on behalf of the organization as presented and approved by the appropriate SPK staff members.
- Ambassadors will subscribe to the SPK Monthly Newsletter, and submit ideas for article inspiration.
- Networking with like-minded young professionals who value community improvement and the well-being of children.
- Invitation to our members-only Leadership Brunch featuring Q and A with thriving community leaders and the Founder of SPK.
- Free SPK swag!
- Access to exclusive promotional material such as online company presentations, brochures for raising awareness, and other marketing materials.
- The opportunity to build career-related experience and expand your professional network within the community while advocating for a commendable cause!
- A signed letter of recommendation from SPK commending your individual accomplishments as an ambassador (written and signed at the CEO’s discretion).
- Must be at least 17 years old.
- Must be willing to undergo a background check.
- Must have stellar communication skills.
- Must be prompt and able to exercise time-management skills.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About SKYE PRECIOUS KIDS INC
165 COURTLAND ST STE A-217, ATLANTA, GA 30303, US
To provide resources to families in financial crisis who are caring for children facing life threatening illnesses and disabilities to support a healthy and safe home environment, full access to medical care and equipment, as well as educational support.
Our cause To aid families in short term financial hardship with the immediate needed tools to allow them to fully focus on caring for their children’s medical and educational needs.
Precious Families Short term financial support for rent, utilities, food, gas and other necessities during times of unemployment due to caring for children or due to transition between jobs; renovations to homes for handicapped accessibility with items such as stair lifts, wheelchair lifts, ramping, bathroom accessibility renovations.
Precious Health Medical costs including co-pays, deductibles, medications, durable medical equipment and supplies, diapers, treatment and therapies as well as skilled nursing and respite care. Aid with bridging the gap between what Medicaid and private insurance provides and what sick and disabled children truly need but their parents cannot afford.
Precious Minds Support to continue meaningful education while homebound including tutors, homework assistance, computers and assistive technology, scholarships for special and online courses
Who We Are A 100% volunteer led 501(c)(3) charity that relies on an active board of directors, volunteers and generous donors to provide emergency and immediate assistance to families of sick and disabled children in crisis.
We'll work with your schedule.
165 Courtland StSte A-217Atlanta, GA 30303
- Youth Services
- Children Medical Services
- Event Planning / Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- 3 meetings per month. Additional hours may vary based on the season, but we'll be sure to communicate!