Patient Support in Catoosa County, GA
Hospice of Chattanooga -
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
The Patient/ Family Support Volunteer is a member of the interdisciplinary care team and provides non-medical support to terminally ill patients and their families.
Typical services provided by support volunteers are:
* sitting with patients to relieve caregiver
* running errands in the community
* providing companionship and sharing activities patient may enjoy
* light meal prep, light housekeeping tasks
* letter writing, reading to them, recording life stories
* giving the gift of quiet presence for those with limited ability to interact
Qualifications, Skills and Training:
*Must complete Application, pass a background check, orientation and training
* Have concern help others and the ability to be an empathetic listener
* Have a positive attitude and willing work with a team
* Drivers licence current
*participate in volunteer support meetings, ongoing training when able
* Volunteering is flexible and Based On Your Ability to Participate
About Hospice of Chattanooga -
4411 Oakwood Drive, Chattanooga, TN 37416, US
We at Hospice of Chattanooga will take the time to listen, honor your choices, and walk with you through life's journey. Our Goals are Compassion, Accountability, Communication, Enthusiasm, and Excellence
Hospice of Chattanooga begin in 1981 as an all-volunteer agency. Today, it is the community's oldest, largest, not for profit, United Way-supported hospice, and volunteers remain a vital part of our agency. As we continue to grow, our need for volunteers grows also.
*Patient Support in home and facilities * Music Therapy *Art Therapy * Pet Therapy * Food Box * Veteran To Veteran volunteering * Veteran Pinning * Bereavement Caller *Tuck in / Quarterback callers * Administration * Heart to Heart Touch * Sacred Journey * Memorial Services ** just to name a few options