124 people are interested
Gilbert Senior Center Meal Delivery
Please visit the new page to apply.
124 people are interested
The Gilbert Senior Center is in need of ongoing meal delivery volunteers!!!
Meal Delivery volunteers assist within the Gilbert and Chandler communities, by delivering freshly prepared hot and frozen meals to senior citizens and individuals with disabilities that are unable to leave their homes.
There are 2 shifts available, 5 days a week Monday thru Friday.
Individuals are able to work one or both shifts. You may volunteer as little as 1 day a week or up to 5 days a week.
Shift 1: 9:30am - noon
Shift 2: 11:30am - 2:00pm
A sample day of a Meal Delivery Volunteer goes as follows. Arrive at 9:30am at the Gilbert Senior Center and check in with the Home Delivered Meal Coordinator.
Report to the kitchen and receive your meals for your specific assigned route. Deliver the meals within a two hour time frame (10-12 // 12-2).
After your shift is complete you will return to the Gilbert Senior Center to drop off the food storage bags, or to prepare for the second shift if you choose to work both.
Personal vehicles are required, but mileage is reimbursed. Fingerprinting is required and will be completed through AZCEND.
Please contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org or (480) 963-1423 x102
345 S. California Street, Chandler, AZ 85225, US
At AZCEND, we change lives by nourishing minds and bodies to create a connected, thriving community. AZCEND meets the basic human needs, including emergency food and clothing, for people in crisis in Chandler and works to empower individuals and families by providing programs that develop skills needed for self-sufficiency and long-term change.
AZCEND is built on 5 core values
- Integrity: We perform all of our daily duties with utmost integrity, knowing that the communities we serve trust us to assist their most vulnerable residents
- Compassion: Compassion for our community and the people we serve is what drives everything we do, knowing that when one person reaches out to help another, both are lifted up in the process
- Hope: Our goal is not simply to meet the physical needs of those we serve but to empower others with an unwavering hope that each step is a step forward, and tomorrow will be better than today.
- Excellence: In order to maximize the resources that have been put in our care, each of us strives for excellence in our individual and collective activities, continually looking for ways to do more and do better.
- Respect: Finally, AZCEND is built on a culture of respect. Respect for our mission, respect for each other, respect for the people we serve, and respect for the resources provided to support our mission each day.
130 N. Oak St.Gilbert, AZ 85233
October 31, 2022
- Elder care
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Shifts: a minimum 2.5 hours up to 4.5 hours depending on your availability to volunteer one or two shifts. You may choose to volunteer 1 day a week or up to 5.
- Close toed shoes, great people skills.