During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
Under the direction of staff, facilitates/co-leads Early Memory Loss or Caregiver support groups to help improve quality of life for adults and families living with Alzheimer’s and other memory disorders or Parkinson’s and related movement disorders.
1. Arranges chairs for the group.
2. Greets and signs in participants.
3. Offers name tags.
4. Facilitates (co-leads) support groups.
5. Alerts program coordinator of any issues or concerns.
6. Turns in sign-in sheets to program coordinator after each group.
1. Adult, age 18 +.
2. Able to attend orientation and support group facilitator training (completion of all training required prior to active service).
3. Able to sit, stand, walk, hear and speak clearly to others as needed to perform functions during 4-hr. shift.
4. Possesses a personal email address and knows how to use and communicate regularly via email.
5. Able to perform online computer research training by following staff instructions.
6. Demonstrates compassion and empathy for others.
7. Demonstrates professional presentation skills and excellent interpersonal communication skills.
8. Able to understand, accept and carry out directions from staff or designee.
1. Able to lift up to 10 lbs.
2. Support group facilitator experience.
3. Social worker experience.
Candidates will be interviewed, and required to onboard as a volunteer through Banner Health. It could take up to a month to finalize the onboarding requirements, before you can start. Training will be provided.
10515 W. Santa Fe Drive, Sun City, AZ 85304, US
Set a new national standard of patient and family care Conduct revolutionary studies in the detection and treatment of Alzheimer’s Forge scientific collaborations that bring together institutions and disciplines internationally
Banner Sun Health Research is a full service Dementia and Movement disorders clinic located in Sun City, Arizona. We are part of Banner Health.
We specialize in caring for people with Dementia and movement disorders, we provide all levels of service, we have an outpatient clinic, family community services, clinical trials and a brain and body donation program.
We'll work with your schedule.
10515 W. Santa Fe DriveSun City, AZ 85351
February 18, 2020