Help National Park Partnerships From Home
3 people are interested
The National Park Service Southeast Regional Office, located in downtown Atlanta, GA, is seeking one Atlanta metro area volunteer who can primarily work from home to provide support to the Park Partnerships
Program, focusing on the administration of Friends Groups information. Specifically, the work is:
1. Maintain an administrative record of all partnership agreements and other documentation required by NPS policy
2. Conduct a gap analysis of the region's current administrative record vs. agency policies
3. Track active partnership projects and work with supervisor to create administrative record
4. Fact check annual work plans and similar records from partners
5. Develop written materials for a variety of audiences. Products include infographics, briefing statements, and talking points
Goals for the position:
1. Help ensure that this NPS Region has strong recordkeeping and accountability
2. Gain valuable professional experience in strategic philanthropic partnerships
3. Provide recommendations to program staff to optimize and improve administrative records and accountability
Six months, approximately 15 hours per week
We will provide a government computer to work remotely with routine visits to the office in downtown Atlanta. This will require the individual to successfully undergo a background investigation sufficient to gain access to the Department of the Interior network and access to federal space. Government will pay for and conduct background investigation.
The volunteer can work remotely from the Atlanta metro area. Selected individual should expect to meet with supervisor at least once per month and may meet as frequently as weekly, depending on the work at hand.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About National Park Service, Southeast Region
100 Alabama Street SW, 1924 Building, Atlanta, GA 30303, US
The National Park Service protects America's special places for the education, inspiration, and recreation of a national and international audience.
The Southeast Region of the National Park Service includes all NPS units from North Carolina to the Caribbean and from Louisiana to the Atlantic Coast (a total of 66 national parks, plus programs, National Heritage Areas, and more)
100 Alabama Street SW1924 BuildingNational Park Service Regional OfficeAtlanta, GA 30303
- Program Management
- Business Development
- Market Research / Analysis
- Donor Management
- Resource Development / Management
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 23
- Orientation or Training
- 15 hours per week for six months, starting in February, 2020.
- Live in the Atlanta metro area because we require routine face to face meetings and in person training and orientation.