During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
* Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
* Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
* Expert level written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
* Emotional maturity
* Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
* Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
* Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
* Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
Education and Experience Requirements
* Bachelor's degree required
* Strong work tenure: 2-3 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in a non-profit organization
* Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and fundraising
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
To Apply: If you have the passion to help women and girls and want to use your skills to help the organization grow, please apply. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
155 N MICHIGAN AVE STE 9012, CHICAGO, IL 60601, US
In Her Shoes Foundation (IHSF) is a 501(c)3 organization that is dedicated to making a positive impact on society by empowering women and girls. OUR VISION is to empower and inspire every woman and girl to be her personal best. OUR MISSION is to embrace the potential of all women and girls by providing: • Positive Influences • Learning Opportunities • Community Partnerships • Leadership Development OUR CORE VALUES form the foundation of how we conduct ourselves as an organization. These are also the qualities we value and encourage in our members and volunteers. We are: • Accountable • Empathetic • Intentional • Authentic • Inclusive
A NOTE FROM OUR FOUNDER
In Her Shoes Foundation has over 60 committee volunteers who run this organization on a daily basis, in addition to working their full-time jobs and fulfilling their everyday obligations as parents, spouses, siblings, daughters - or sons and friends. When I founded this foundation in 2008 we originally called it The Positive Girls Club. It was envisioned as an organization that would support women of all ages who were determined to make positive changes in their lives. I started hosting monthly professional development workshops to inspire, connect, educate, and support the women in our community. Today, over 10 years later, we’re now known as In Her Shoes Foundation, and our flagship program, Ready Set Girls Academy, is exceeding our goals year over year for reaching young women preventatively. This curriculum-based program is run by our volunteer group mentors and is being delivered within public and private high schools. In addition we partnered with multiple community organization who support our initiative.
Today, we are achieving our vision of empowering and inspiring every woman and girl to be her personal best. We currently have three programs and hope to expand in the next couple of years. Please learn more about the Professional Development Program and the Giving Back Program via www.inhershoesfoundation.org
Thank you for attending and supporting our events.
Kasia Wereszczynska, MA, LCPC, RYT.
We'll work with your schedule.
112 South Wool Street 2nd floorBarrington, IL 60010
January 22, 2020