Volunteen Program at Zoo Atlanta
2 people are interested
The Volunteen Program promotes the personal and professional development of teenagers so that they become leaders in animal science and conservation education.
The Volunteen Program is designed for students ages 14-17. It is an opportunity for teenagers to have fun volunteering at the Zoo while learning about the environment, wildlife conservation, community engagement, and professionalism. Through this program, volunteens will learn communication and customer service skills, as well as develop their independence and responsibility. Volunteens serve in a wide variety of service areas to help prepare them to pursue careers in the zoological field.
Volunteens work toward a minimum of 160 service hours over the course of a program year (June - May). To learn more about the many experiences Volunteens have as part of the program, click here.Important Dates for 2020:
Mark your calendars for these dates! Contact the Volunteen Supervisor at 404.624.5882 or email@example.com with any questions.
- Volunteen Preview Nights*: Tuesday, December 3, 2019 and Thursday, January 9, 2020.
- New Volunteen Application opens: Friday, November 1, 2019
- New Volunteen Application due: Saturday, February 1, 2020 by 5 p.m.
- New Volunteen Interviews: Saturday, March 7, 2020 and Sunday, March 8, 2020.. One date only is required for invited applicants.
- New Volunteen Orientation: Saturday, March 21, 2020 or Saturday, March 28, 2020.. One date only is required for selected candidates.
- The Zoo And You training for all Volunteens: Monday, June 1 - Friday June 5, 2020. Each day is required, and makeup trainings are not offered. All Volunteens must attend all days.
About Zoo Atlanta
800 Cherokee Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30315, US
We save animals and their habitats through conservation, research, education and engaging experiences. Our efforts connect people to animals and inspire conservation action.
Zoo Atlanta is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to saving wildlife and their habitats. We dedicate our resources to conservation, research, education and engaging experiences to help connect people to animals and inspire conservation action. Learn more about us on our website: https://zooatlanta.org/
We'll work with your schedule.
Zoo Atlanta800 Cherokee Ave SEAtlanta, GA 30315
- General Education
- Environmental Education
- Animal Care / Handling
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
- Volunteens work toward a minimum of 160 service hours over the course of a program year (June – May).
- Interested applicants need to apply online at: https://zooatlanta.org/program/volunteen-program. Additional instructions and requirements are listed on our website.