Fund Development Committee
The Fund Development Committee is responsible for raising funds to ensure WFRI has the necessary financial resources to deliver our mission and on our strategic plan. The Board of Directors, in consultation with the Fund Development Committee, Finance Committee, and Executive Director, determines the fundraising goal for the Fund Development Committee.
Appointments & Composition
- The Chair of this committee shall be a member of the Board of Directors
- Members of this committee shall be comprised of members of the Board of Directors; additional committee members may be appointed and need not be members of the Board of Directors
Scope of Work
- Develops and recommends the annual fundraising plan to meet the needs of the organization
- Assists in the development of the major donor plan and in securing major gifts, both restricted and unrestricted
- Identifies and cultivates prospective donors for all size gifts
- Engages Board members in fundraising
- Develops and conducts all fundraising events. This includes the establishment and supervision of subcommittees
- Recruits and works with community members to raise funds
- Investigates new resource development projects, activities, and ideas for future use
- Performs annual self-evaluation and reports results to the Board
- Submits annual objectives as part of the planning and budgeting process
- Reports to the Board of Directors at regular meetings of the Board in a manner determined by the Board
- Engages Board in fund development discussion and makes fund development policy recommendations
- Women Leading Change Event- planning all aspects of the annual fundraising event. Committee members will be involved in obtaining corporate sponsorships, selling ads and tickets, planning award ceremony, identifying honorees, creating a program and facilitating the event
- Cocktails & Conversations- quarterly networking events featuring a presentation on a feminist topic or leader. Committee members will be involved in obtaining exclusive corporate sponsors, selling tickets and running event.
About Women's Fund of Rhode Island
245 Waterman St. #503, Providence, RI 02906, US
For women and girls in Rhode Island, the playing field isn’t level yet, but it could be with your help. The mission of the Women’s Fund of Rhode Island is to invest in women and girls through research, advocacy, grantmaking and strategic partnerships designed to advance gender equity through systemic change. As a leader of social change, we are committed to advocating for and convening voices to advance gender equity and influence.
The Women’s Fund of Rhode Island works to educate women and the community at large about the following issues:
- Economic self-sufficiency, including access to good paying jobs, child care, pay equity, paid sick time & paid caregiver leave
- Reproductive rights
- Health and well-being
- Educational attainment
- Political representation
The Women’s Fund of Rhode Island offers workshops in salary negotiation skills, creating equitable workplaces, advocacy 101 and other topics which help to address the societal inequities that occur in women’s everyday lives.
We'll work with your schedule.
245 Waterman St. #503Providence, RI 02906
- Financial Planning
- Cost Analysis
- Financial Service Assistance
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- 1 meeting 1x a month.
- Please fill out this form: https://form.jotform.com/91155165730151