Policy and Advocacy Committee
1 person is interested
In order for WFRI to be the leading voice for women’s progressive issues, WFRI must be knowledgeable about current issues, their implications to RI women & girls and persuasive in our position to interested parties who can help affect change. In order for WFRI to make a significant and sustainable impact, we must work towards systems change and remove barriers that prevent an equitable playing field for women and girls in RI. The Policy/Advocacy & Program Committee is responsible for overseeing research on the status of women, as well as the policy agenda and activities educating the public and our legislators about how to address issues of inequity, led by the Women’s Fund of Rhode Island.
Scope of Work
- Assists the Board in setting the organization’s policy change and research agenda
- Reviews requests to engage in policy change activities at the local, state and federal level
- Submits annual objectives as part of the planning and budgeting process
- Engages Board in policy-related discussion and makes policy and research recommendations
- Creates position papers on subject matter/issues that build awareness with our constituencies and provides relevant and factual information
- Recruits volunteers to assist with testifying, lobbying and lobby days at the State House
- Creates and facilitates programs that educate the community about gender inequity and how to address
- Supports the work of the Women’s Policy Institute and research activities
- Reports to the Board of Directors at regular meetings of the Board in a manner determined by the Board
- Advises the Board regarding policy and campaign development for state level campaigns
- Program - quarterly workshop series addressing issues of equity in RI. Committee members will identify topic and speakers, plan overall curriculum, sell tickets and run a workshop.
About Women's Fund of Rhode Island
245 Waterman St. #503, Providence, RI 02906, US
For women and girls in Rhode Island, the playing field isn’t level yet, but it could be with your help. The mission of the Women’s Fund of Rhode Island is to invest in women and girls through research, advocacy, grantmaking and strategic partnerships designed to advance gender equity through systemic change. As a leader of social change, we are committed to advocating for and convening voices to advance gender equity and influence.
The Women’s Fund of Rhode Island works to educate women and the community at large about the following issues:
- Economic self-sufficiency, including access to good paying jobs, child care, pay equity, paid sick time & paid caregiver leave
- Reproductive rights
- Health and well-being
- Educational attainment
- Political representation
The Women’s Fund of Rhode Island offers workshops in salary negotiation skills, creating equitable workplaces, advocacy 101 and other topics which help to address the societal inequities that occur in women’s everyday lives.
We'll work with your schedule.
245 Waterman St. #503ProvidenceProvidence, RI 02906
- Conflict Resolution
- Public Advocacy
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- 1 meeting a month (one hour) and other times to be at statehouse to give testimony or serve in other capacities as needed.
- Please fill out this form: https://form.jotform.com/91155165730151