- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
27 people are interested
Public Health Statistics Volunteer, Forest Fire Prevention Derivatives, CrowdDoing
ORGANIZATION: M4A Foundation - CrowdDoing
Please visit the new page to apply.
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
27 people are interested
Public health forest fire statistics volunteer.
Prevention derivatives are a framework to address what would otherwise become Tragedies of the Commons.***. Risks of calamity are spread across many stakeholders, from companies to insurers to governments and individuals. Prevention Derivatives are a strategy for each stakeholder to take their fair share of responsibility for the prevention of these risks. Risks are preventable through combinations of social innovations that range from new to long-standing, proven approaches. Prevention Derivatives are designed for each stakeholder [contingent payers] to pay, if they so choose, only for the risk prevention savings that materialize for them.
For example, If stakeholders who face forest fire risks can collaborate to finance the prevention of these risks through social innovation, all stakeholders can be better protected.
Similarly, stakeholders who face flooding risks due to the degradation of coral reef health collaborate to finance the prevention of these risks through social innovation, all stakeholders can be better protected.
See more detailed background on CrowdDoing's forest fire prevention derivatives
Forest Fire Prevention Derivatives, CrowdDoing, Volunteer Project Manager
Bobby Fishkin, lead author
In 2018, Sacramento was named the "the Most Polluted City on Earth" due to "smoke from Camp Fire," This proposal aims to prevent that from happening again through adopting a systemic approach and collaborating with stakeholders to actively prevent future such events. The insurance industry, along with institutional chief risk officers, have begun to recognize the importance of moving from "loss compensation to loss prevention."
CrowdDoing and Project Heather propose launching a prevention derivative with two new stakeholders: (a) contingent payers who pay in proportion to the reduction in risk, and (b) impact investors who finance social innovations in which their return is similarly proportional to the reduction in risk. It will build on existing precedents for contingent contracts involving social- innovation-based risk prevention.
Actuary Volunteer, Forest Fire Prevention Derivatives, CrowdDoing
A spectrum of forest fire risk prevention approaches are available: from creative new social innovations to well-established interventions. The forest fire risk prevention derivative would first survey existing forest fire prevention interventions in Greater Sacramento with an eye towards which ones might be suitable to support and expand. It would then review global social innovations that might be relevant to Northern California to determine which to replicate. Entities involved in risk management and risk securitisation, from insurers to reinsurers to retrocessionaires, ought to welcome the chance to share liability proportionally through a commons of prevention innovations. The prevention derivative can expand as more institutions and individuals join as contingent payers and impact investors in order prevent a larger portion of collective risk . Payments by private and public institutions to support prevention derivatives can be in-kind, through services, and/or financial
We are seeking a bright, industrious actuary to volunteer with --Forest Fire Prevention Derivatives, CrowdDoing -- our growing initiative. In this position, you will analyze the financial consequences and risk levels of various possible decisions to communicate sound advice based on the short- and long-term goals of our company. You should have a thorough understanding of financial theory, be self-motivated, and an independent worker who is also a team-player. Actuary Duties and Responsibilities
- Study and analyze the potential outcomes of uncertain future events, with particular regard to the possible impact on insurance, and stakeholder risks
- Apply business and economics knowledge to evaluate, manage, and advise company management on financial risks
- Provide strategic advice for commercial and financial endeavors
- Assess the likelihood of the occurrence of certain events, and predict the potential cost to the company and its shareholders
- Implement statistical and mathematical modeling techniques to ascertain probability and weigh risks such as plausible liabilities
- Prepare and present reports and valuations on a quarterly basis, with an emphasis on the implications of particular decisions to managers and company directors; provide advice on risk limitation
- Monitor and mitigate risks in trading and investments
- Develop systems to comply with the regulatory requirements through collaboration with IT professionals
- Attend to stakeholder relationship management with external stakeholders, investment managers, and financial directors
- Supervise staff to ensure cohesive and productive progress on business objectives
- Assist with mergers and acquisitions
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, business, finance, economics, mathematics, statistics, or related field strongly preferred
- Prior actuarial experience preferred
- Proven skill in actuarial mathematics, with an in-depth understanding of mathematics, statistics, probability theory, and investment theory
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills; ability to communicate complex and challenging topics to colleagues and stakeholders in simple, easy-to-understand language
- Strong analytical, creative problem-solving, and research skills
- Proficient IT skills
"To help support you joining the right part of CrowdDoing for you, please use this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSftd6E0tyV2uq7mMty1rZ80BB2MSGhbnof9gRBvaQXbrttIkg/viewform?usp=sf_link"
The only way CrowdDoing.world can realize its impact potential is through virtual volunteers, service learners (http://blog.reframeit.com/service-learning-and-skilled-volunteering/), and micro-leaders ( https://real-leaders.com/leveraging-micro-leadership-to-make-aspirational-goals-achievable/ ) coming together.
See this brief video about Micro-leadership at CrowdDoing ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhdB2YJ8Ocs&app=desktop ). Micro-leadership means that each person adopts a dimension of responsibility for a collective problem in our society through collaborating on that area creatively individually and together through social innovation.
You are also welcome to see more background on CrowdDoing at our Youtube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVoL7fai7oa95fBo44FC0gA?sub_confirmation=1).
Facebook ( https://www.facebook.com/CrowdDoing-515295062320613 ) ,
LinkedIn ( https://www.linkedin.com/company/18910309/ ).
You can see a CrowdDoing Volunteering FAQ here .
If you have any questions about processes for joining crowddoing as a volunteer please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
919 More opportunities with M4A Foundation - CrowdDoing8 Reviews
About M4A Foundation - CrowdDoing
3325 Besana Drive, El Dorado Hills, CA 95762, US
CrowdDoing [dot] world is a joint initiative of Match4Action Foundation and Reframe It. CrowdDoing is focused on addressing the social, economic, and environmental challenges our world faces by collaborating with professionals and volunteers from many different industries. We offer a platform for individuals to connect and collaborate toward creating systemic change. We would love for you to join the team! What makes us different? CrowdDoing aims to support social innovations with transformative impact potential through global multi-disciplinary volunteering, micro-leadership and service learning. We work through operating leverage for systems change to achieve collective agency. We orient to ikigai and self-determination theory in order to help each person have the perfect role. #systemschange #systemsthinking #servicelearning #socialinnovation
Match4Action connects those wanting to volunteer their skills with those in need for remote or local project support, advice, collaboration and mentoring.
Our smart technology platform uses the latest machine learning, artificial intelligence and virtual assistants to match the demand for resources for social impact with the skills and resources available, anywhere in the world. We use blockchain to create and manage a social impact currency.This unique, self sustainable open platform has one key purpose: accelerating social impact through collaboration and linking local projects with our global presence.
CrowdDoing aims to leverage micro-leadership, service learning and massively multi-disciplinary collaboration supported with project managers and human resource business partners. Collaborate with people whom you can learn from while changing the world virtually together.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 22, 2023
- Human Resources Strategy
- Financial Planning
- Project Management
- People 55+
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 4-10 hours per week or 20-40 hours per month
- Forest Fire Prevention Derivatives, CrowdDoing, Volunteer Financial Analyst, Forest Fire Prevention Derivatives, CrowdDoing, Volunteer Insurance Underwriter, strategy