7 people are interested
Mile High 360 is seeking volunteers to assist our biking coaches with rides with our middle and high school students. Roles and responsibilities include the following:
- Assist Mile High 360 staff with the line riding of 5-10 student cyclist around the Denver Metro area
- Support with the safety of the group by riding in the back of the line and communicating signals
- Empower students to develop their biking skills by offering words of encouragement throughout the ride
- Support Mile High 360 staff and students with basic bike maintenance and safety checks
- Ability to bike 3-8 miles at a 12 mph speed
- Ability to volunteer 2 hours weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly during the following days/times: Tuesday, 2:00pm - 5:00pm or Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, 3:30pm - 6:00pm
- Preferred background knowledge of basic hand signals and biking traffic laws
- Preferred skills in bike mechanics
- Preferred Spanish skills
- Commitment to diversity, inclusion and equity of all students
- Must pass background check
About Mile High 360
1325 Glenarm pl, Denver, CO 80204, US
To ensure that socioeconomic status does not define a child’s future.
We support students in four aspects that leads to positive change and self-empowerment:
- Academic Achievement: We support learning beyond the classroom through homework help, one-on-one tutoring, focused enrichment in literacy and math, and project based learning.
- Life Skills: We nurture personal growth and resilience through our mentorship program and socioemotional lessons. Students are able to make positive life choices as they work in a group setting or with a volunteer mentor setting goals and discussing life decisions.
- Sports and health skills: Students engage and learn a sport in our program, either squash or cycling. Under the direction of their athletic coach, students learn important life skills to master the sport.
- Post-Secondary and Career Readiness-Students discover pathways to academic, professional and personal success through special events and programs such as financial literacy, college visits, and scholarship success.
We'll work with your schedule.
951 Elati StWest Leadership AcademyDenver, CO 80204
- Sports Coaching
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18