Community Assistance Administrative Volunteer
1 person is interested
COMMUNITY ASSISTANCE ADMINISTRATIVE INTERN/VOLUNTEER
Arlington County Department of Human Services’ Community Assistance Bureau (CAB) is committed to delivering client services in an effective, equitable, respectful, and trauma-informed manner. Our staff is dedicated to ensuring our clients are approached, engaged and cared for in ways that demonstrate competency, sensitivity and awareness of factors which impact the client experience including but not limited to: cultural identity, gender, racial, and ethnic diversity, religious/spiritual ascription, physical capability, cognitive and literacy levels, sexual orientation, and linguistic needs.
The Community Assistance Administrative Intern/Volunteer will work with Community Assistance Bureau staff to assist in conducting intake on clients, collecting data on client demographics and needs, and providing administrative support to Community Assistance Bureau management.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist clients in completing benefits applications and checking applications for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure accuracy of emergency financial assistance monies and record assistance given to clients accordingly.
- Conduct follow-up with clients and record outcomes measures of client progress.
- Conduct phone calls to community partners to ensure Wiki page for community resources is updated and accurate.
- Work with community non-profit partner to ensure emergency food boxes are replenished for clients in need.
- Perform other administrative tasks as necessary.
Reports To: Community Assistance Bureau Chief
- Proof of enrollment in a college or university AND work experience (paid or volunteer), which demonstrates the ability to successfully perform the duties of the position. Major course of study may be in one of the following areas: Social Work, Human Services, Sociology OR a related field of study. Education and experience will be evaluated based on the actual position.
- Proven written communication skills and excellent verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- An interest in serving those in need
- An ability to consistently demonstrate our values of insight, hard work, and effectiveness in your personal approach to work.
- Excellent attention to detail and a high motivation to learn.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted during work, including County and other government officials, community groups, consumers, and the general public.
- Advanced proficiency (oral and written) in Spanish preferred.
About Arlington County Department of Human Services
2100 Washington Blvd, Arlington, VA 22204, US
Arlington County's Department of Human Services strengthens, protects, and empowers those in need.
The Department of Human Services (DHS) assesses the diverse range of human needs and implements strategies to deliver innovative human services that produce customer-centered outcomes.
We'll work with your schedule.
2100 Washington BlvdArlington, VA 22204
- Crisis Intervention
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training