Administrative Volunteer, Gates of Ballston Community Center
3 people are interested
Arlington County Department of Human Services provides employment, health, nutrition, housing, education and other services to community members at the Gates of Ballston Community Center. In addition to individual assistance, we lead programs and provide referrals to clients to help them succeed in our community. We are committed to delivering client services in an effective, equitable, respectful, and trauma-informed manner.
The administrative assistant volunteer supports Gates of Ballston Community Outreach Center staff with a variety of tasks to ensure smooth day-to-day operations.
- Participate in community center orientation, HIPAA training and client case management database training
- Greet clients when they arrive, ask them who they would like to meet with, or what they would like assistance with
- Provide information about ESOL classes, recreation programs, and other services to clients as appropriate
- Maintain the reception area organized and welcoming
- Update the resource bulletin board with current job openings, health, and event information
- Scan and upload documents into client case management database
- Assist with other administrative tasks as needed, such as photocopying and filing
Dates, Times & Location:
- Days & Times: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 9 am - 5 pm
- Location: Gates of Ballston Community Center, 4108 4 th Street N, Arlington, VA 22203
- Preferred commitment: two days per week for at least six months
- Satisfactory completion of the County volunteer paperwork and a background check; participation in individual interview and HIPAA training
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Excellent customer service skills and demonstrated knowledge and/or experience of cultural competency and interacting with a diverse group of people from a wide range of backgrounds and English language abilities
- Proficiency (written, understanding, and speaking) in English and Spanish. Bilingual in English-Spanish preferred.
- Comfortable using standard office equipment, including telephone, photocopier and computer
- Responsible, independent worker, organized, ability to use good judgment
- Flexibility to adapt to varying levels of activity
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of client information
About Arlington County Department of Human Services
2100 Washington Blvd, Arlington, VA 22204, US
Arlington County's Department of Human Services strengthens, protects, and empowers those in need.
The Department of Human Services (DHS) assesses the diverse range of human needs and implements strategies to deliver innovative human services that produce customer-centered outcomes.
We'll work with your schedule.
4108 4th Street NArlington, VA 22203
- Crisis Intervention
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training