2020 Point-In-Time Homeless Count
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
2 people are interested
Join the City of Mesa for the annual Point-In-Time Homeless Street and Shelter Count. The PIT Count is an effort to learn more about the individuals and families experiencing homelessness in Maricopa County and across the entire country. In order to accomplish local and federal goals toward ending homelessness, we first need to know who is experiencing homelessness, where they are, and better understand the factors surrounding their homelessness.
Volunteers are needed to survey individuals experiencing homelessness in group of 3-5 in a preassigned area in Mesa so they can be provided with programs and services that will best fit their needs.
An optional, additional volunteer training session will be provided on Wednesday, January 22, 2020 from 5:30pm - 7:00pm at the Salvation Army Building #3 (241 E 6th St).
- Volunteers must be 16+ years of age or older to volunteer.
- Volunteers must be able to provide their own transportation to their assigned area within Mesa.
- Volunteer work will be conducted outdoors and is subject to inclement weather, rain or shine.
- Volunteer work will require long periods of standing and/or walking.
- No prior experience with the Count is necessary.
- Breakfast and water bottles will be provided.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About City of Mesa, Neighborhood Outreach
20 E. Main Street, Suite 250, Mesa, AZ 85201, US
Our mission is to build partnerships and processes with City of Mesa residents to empower, enrich, and energize Mesa's diverse neighborhoods.
The Neighborhood Outreach Office strives to provide a quick response and collaborative problem solving to Mesa residents concerned with neighborhood safety, appearance, and cohesiveness amongst neighbors. We assist in building and maintaining quality neighborhoods through education, collaboration and outreach.
241 E 6th StMesa, AZ 85201
- Case Work / Management
- Crisis Counseling
- Social Work
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 16
- Volunteers shifts will be between 5:00am and 12:00pm