During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
Do you have a passion for supporting the education of youth in our community? Are you looking for an impact from volunteering that will continue on long after you serve? The Red Cross is seeking passionate instructors to help grow our Youth Preparedness programs.
Part of Red Cross Disaster Preparedness Outreach, The "Pillowcase Project" is a national program that educates students in 3rd-5th grade on how to be prepared for emergencies. Partnering with local elementary schools classrooms and after-school programs, Pillowcase Program Instructors will lead a 40-60 minute presentation geared towards approaching Disaster Preparedness topics with for a youth audience.
* Must be 18 years or older.
* Complete Red Cross application (Background check, agree to policies, etc.)
* Need to be comfortable speaking to groups of children.
* Ability to complete training requirements and volunteer scheduling commitments.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks independently.
* Comfort with public speaking.
* Experience working with youth.
* Interest in training facilitation.
* Passion in community outreach and volunteer engagement.
* Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs: Excel, Powerpoint, MS Teams.
* Access to transportation to local schools.
* Commitment of 1 year with a minimum 1 presentation per month.
* Days/times of presentations are usually during school day hours.
3131 N. Vancouver Ave, Portland, OR 97227, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
1455 Tucker RdHood River, OR 97031
March 4, 2020