The Bell County Museum is looking for enthusiastic and dedicated volunteers! The mission is to preserve the cultural history of our diverse county for all of its citizens. Volunteers at the Bell County Museum serve the public in a variety of ways, from guiding tours to helping in the office.
POC: Stephanie Turnham
When responding to this volunteer opportunity, please specify which area you are interested:
1) Tour Guide - gives scheduled tours to school groups
2) Craft Demonstrator - demonstrates "pioneer" skills, such as rope making and butter churning, as well as other crafts for museum and outreach programs
3) Lecturer - presents programs for clubs, school groups, and special events
4) Museum Host - serves as a greeter to museum visitors on a scheduled basis
5) Historical Research Assistant - assists in general curatorial research
6) Computer Data Operator - inputs computer data of museum collection
7) Clerical Assistant - makes copies, files, answers phone
8) Special Events Assistant - helps with fundraisers and other special events, such as the annual Garage Sale and Christmas Party
9) Educational Programs Assistant - helps the program coordinator with the planning and execution of educational programs such as fun-shops and summer camp
10) Collection Management Assistant - assists in cataloguing and properly storing objects
11) Exhibits Construction Assistant - helps build exhibits
12) Groundskeeper - helps keep planting beds weeded, watered and fed
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Bell County Human...
- American Red Cross Heart of...
- Christian Assistance Network of...
- Habitat for Humanity
- Fort Hood American Red Cross
- Hill Country Community Action (H...
- Armed Services YMCA
- Hill Country Health Services
- Greater Killeen Free Clinic
- Families In Crisis
- Public Education Center
- Metroplex Hospital
- New Century Hospice
- Focus on Hope Outreach Services
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving
- VistaCare Hospice
- Bell County Indigent Health...
- Killeen Community Emergency...
- Killeen ISD Parent/Community
- Scott & White Hospice