2020 Back-to-School Code-a-thon Public Relations Manager. Syosset, NY
This is our fifth annual code-a-thon taking place on January 24- 26th, 2020. Competing in diverse teams, students work to explore global issues and create a functional website that offers a solution to society. This weekend is not just about learning to code, it is about learning to work in teams, solve complex problems, cross collaborate, synthesize information, and most importantly meet new friends and have fun learning. The program is about getting students out of their comfort zones to learn 21st century workforce skills.
We are seeking a Public Relations Manager (PR Manager) to nurture a strong industry network, increase awareness and develop an enviable corporate image by developing and executing effective communication and media relations programs.Responsibilities
- Develop a marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Coordinate all public relations activities
- Direct social media team to engage audiences across traditional and new media
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
- Working experience in public relations required
- Some experience with designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
**There may be other assignments that we would need to fill in accordance to your availability, skills, and interest.
Working with students at the high school level.
About We Connect The Dots
180 Michael Drive, Syosset, NY 11791, US
Our mission is to inspire and educate students in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM) careers. Through a collaboration with the community, education, government and the technology industry, WCTD provides awareness and education of the 21st Century workforce skills, as well as the opportunities available to students embracing STEAM careers. Impacting students at a local, national and global level, our programs create a hunger for learning that empowers students to find their own paths to success.
The skills needed to succeed in todays complicated work environments challenge employers to find the resources with the right skills to be successful. We Connect The Dots will provide the necessary work skills needed for students to build strong careers in STEAM roles. By engaging in a partnership with communities, industry leaders, students and teachers, we will reduce the number of jobs that are filled by students outside the US. Creating a greater awareness to parents and students of the career possibilities and the skills necessary to succeed. Through an accelerated program and project based learning students will gain the experience that matches todays real world careers.
180 Michael DriveSyosset, NY 11791
- Public Relations
- Customer Acquisition
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- Before Event(2hrs/wk) During Event Sponsor Brand
- Must commit to support event beginning ASAP - Through January 29, 2019