Spanish Speaking Interpreter
4 people are interested
The interpreter helps Spanish speaking adults who are enrolled in our hospitality training program interpret classroom instruction. Our training program introduces students to the hotel industry and prepares them for careers in hotel housekeeping departments.
Interpreter duties include:
- Work with adults age 18 + individually and in small groups
- Interpret English instruction into Spanish for individuals enrolled in our hospitality training program
- Attend a weekly 2-hour hospitality class for 8 weeks, assisting Spanish speaking students during the class
- Assist Spanish speaking students with interpreting written course materials and homework assignments
Some requirements are but are not limited to:
- Must be friendly and able to work with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Must be willing to work with individuals who speak English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Must be able to speak and read Spanish and English
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must be able to work a consistent weekly schedule
About East End Cooperative Ministry
6140 Station Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15206, US
To join together as a racially and culturally diverse people of faith to build a loving, healthy, and economically vital community in the East End of Pittsburgh.
East End Cooperative Ministry is a nonprofit, faith-based, ecumenical organization comprised of 47 member congregations. Since 1970, EECM has provided tangible, emotional, and social services directly to the homeless, the hungry, the elderly, and the at-risk children and youth in Pittsburgh's economically distressed neighborhoods.
We'll work with your schedule.
6140 Station StreetPittsburgh, PA 15206
- Literacy / Reading
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Adult Education
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- This is a weekday, daytime opportunity. The interpreter must be able to work a consistently weekly schedule of 2 hours per week for 8 weeks.