2020 South Florida Walk with Us to Cure Lupus
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
11 people are interested
Walk with Us to Cure Lupus is the Lupus Research Alliance national fundraising program, which has raised millions of dollars to support lupus research.
Come and join us for the South Florida Walk with Us to Cure Lupus being held on Sunday, March 1, 2020 at Lynn University. As a volunteer you will spend the morning outside in a fun and inspiring environment, helping to raise both awareness of lupus and funds for lupus research. We are looking for volunteers to assist with the following event tasks:
- Set-up: 7:45am-9:00am Event set-up is a great opportunity for early risers.
- Route Marshals: 8:00am - 12:00am Ensure that the walkers are staying on the Walk path.
- Registration: 8:00am-12:00am Check in walkers and collect their donations. (Registration volunteers must be 16 years or older.)
- T-shirt Pick Up: 8:00am-12:00am Hand out incentive t-shirts to qualifying walkers.
- Food Area: 8:00am-12:00pm Help set up the food area and distribute snacks and beverages.
- Clean Up: 11:00am-12:00pm Help with post event clean up, break down and packing of supplies.
Opportunities are also available for those who would like to fundraise for the South Florida Walk.
For additional information visit lupuswalksouthflorida.org, call 646-884-6030 or email email@example.com.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Lupus Research Alliance
275 Madison Avenue, 10th Floor, New York, NY 10016, US
Born from the merger of three organizations with a common belief in the potential for science to overcome lupus, the Lupus Research Alliance is at the forefront of driving innovative research that can make a difference for people living with the prototypical autoimmune disease. With that shared conviction, the Board of Directors promises to cover all administrative and operating costs of the organization, ensuring that 100% of all donations go directly to funding research programs in order to realize our vision of a world free of lupus.
By bringing together the Alliance for Lupus Research, the Lupus Research Institute and the S.L.E. Lupus Foundation, our new organization will be a relentless champion for the lupus community. Moving forward rapidly, the Lupus Research Alliance will inspire even greater cutting edge scientific exploration and results to improve diagnosis and therapy. Along with donors, doctors, volunteers, members of the scientific and industry communities, and most importantly, people with lupus and their families, the Lupus Research Alliance continues to lead the quest to prevent, treat and cure the disease, and to realize the vision of a world free of lupus.
Lynn University3601 N Military TrailBoca Raton, FL 33431
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- 4 Hours - if you can only come for part of the time, you can still reach out. We can take any and all volunteers!