Donor Development Officer
The Donor Development Officer (DDO) will manage a portfolio of Humane Society of Loudoun County (HSLC) donors giving $500 or more annually who are likely capable of giving more if engaged on a deeper level. The DDO will directly interact with donors through phone, personal email/mail and in-person meetings to build relationships. The DDO will develop and implement donor strategy, track donor engagement, and contribute to donor stewardship materials as needed.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage a portfolio of donors to grow personal engagement with and commitment to HSLC, as well as secure increasing levels of financial support.
- Create and carry out over time, management plans for each donor to maximize his or her engagement with and support of HSLC.
- Conduct donor research as needed to inform each donor management plan.
- Draft donor correspondence and tailor communications tools - proposals, reports, etc.
- Enter donor data into our Salsa system and review regular reports on donor activity and performance.
- Help plan and attend HSLC special events to engage donors.
Time Commitment: Flexible based on volunteer schedules. Volunteers can expect a time commitment of approximately 16 hours a month.
- Completion of HSLC Orientation.
- Strong knowledge of principles, ethics, and practices of successful fundraising.
- A proven track-record of successfully managing a donor portfolio.
- Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to present, inform, and motivate individuals and groups about HSLC’s mission and the importance of raising funds in support of the mission.
- Goal-oriented, persistent, and persuasive in the contact, follow-through, and completion of acquiring gifts and building relationships.
- Planned giving experience is a plus.
- Willingness to positively represent HSLC and follow guidelines.
- Ability to work in a collegial way with volunteers toward HSLC goals.
Benefits of volunteering in this role include:
- Essential impact in saving more animals
- Invitation to volunteer appreciation events
- Opportunity to be highlighted in HSLC's Paw Prints Newsletter
About Humane Society of Loudoun County
P.O. Box 777, Leesburg, VA 20178, US
The Humane Society of Loudoun County is a Foster based volunteer organization that partners with the community to save more animals and achieve a No Kill Community
The Humane Society of Loudoun County (HSLC) is a non profit 501(3)c animal welfare organization founded in 1966. Our mission is to partner with our communuty to work towards a time when all animals have loving homes. We do not have a physical shelter or location.
We provide programs and services throughout Loudoun County Va, including Rescue, Foster and Adoption programs, Low Cost Spay/Neuter, a TNR and Working/ Barn Cat program, Youth and Humane Education programs; we partner with LCAS and Loudoun Interfaith Relief to provide pet food to families in need through our Pet Pantry program, and we participate in many different community events, festivals and fairs throughout the county and northern Virginia area.
We'll work with your schedule.
Loudoun County VALeesburg, VA 20175
- Donor Management
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- The time commitment is flexible based on volunteer schedules. Volunteers can expect a time commitment of approximately 16 hours a month.