During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
Local Squadrons of California Wing, Civil Air Patrol are seeking a talented Grant Specialist / Writer to become part of our all volunteer non-profit organization chartered by Congress as the U.S. Air Force Auxiliary.
Do you have a desire to volunteer and serve your community a few evenings per month helping to shape and mentor America's youth? To help America meet its needs, Civil Air Patrol (CAP) provides a youth-scaled, Air Force-themed extracurricular activity that teens find fun and meaningful. CAP offers a safe, positive place to develop leadership skills while exploring aviation and STEM careers.
The Grants Specialist will be responsible for identifying grant opportunities from foundations and corporations, managing the grant development and proposal process, and ensuring the communication of requirements for reporting requirements. CAP Development office provides access to the Foundation Center Library database and provides training for expectations. Estimated number of grants is 2-4 per calendar year, per Grant Specialist, depending on type of grant and availability of volunteer’s time.
* Research, analyze, evaluate and prioritize potential foundation and corporate grant prospects;
* Produce institutional profiles including the identification of target appropriate ask amounts and research personal connections with staff, board, trustees, volunteers, donors that will ensure the attention of institutional funders;
* Evaluate response required for proposal (RFPs) and letters of intent on grants and funding;
* Write RFPs, proposals, budgets, reports, and other ancillary materials;
* Participate in meetings, as scheduled with National Grants and Research Manager to track progress and set priorities for funding;
* Work with CAP Development Dept to meet with designated CAP program staff as needed to ensure timely progress towards deadlines.
* Submit final grant package to National Grants and Research Manager;
* Communicate requirements for tracking grants including reporting requirements; writing reports; so, staff may ensure each project or program is meeting proposal conditions and expectations.
Candidates must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, knowledge of fundraising information sources, experience with proposal writing, a professional and resourceful demeanor, the ability to work both independently and as a team player, and a desire to take initiative and manage numerous projects simultaneously.
HEADQUARTERS CALIFORNIA WING, CIVIL AIR PATROL, PO Box 7688, Van Nuys, CA 91409, US
The Civil Air Patrol is the official United States Air Force Auxiliary. With more than 56,000 members, 1700 units, and over 4,700 active aircraft it is by far the largest organization of its kind. The Civil Air Patrol has been performing missions for America for over 60 years. Emergency Services - The Civil Air Patrol performs Search & Rescue missions and Disaster Relief, provides assistance to the Office of Emergency Services for transportation of personnel, rescue equipment, blood donations etc.). Aerospace Education - The Civil Air Patrol educates its members and the general public about aviation and aerospace. Cadet Programs - The Civil Air Patrol runs a comprehensive program for youth (12-21) with skill and leadership-building activities, introduction to flying, aerospace education and participation emergency mission training.
Civil Air Patrol is a civilian organization, however as the Auxiliary of the U.S. Air Force, it comes as no surprise that it is organized along military customs, courtesies and ranks.
Since Civil Air Patrol’s formation during the earliest days of World War II, this vigilant organization of citizen Airmen has been committed to service to America. Founded on Dec. 1, 1941, as a way to protect the nation’s shorelines from invading German U-boats, CAP has evolved into a premier public service organization that still carries out emergency service missions when needed - in the air and on the ground.
As a Total Force partner and Auxiliary of the U.S. Air Force, Civil Air Patrol is there to search for and find the lost, provide comfort in times of disaster and work to keep the homeland safe. Its 56,000 members selflessly devote their time, energy and expertise toward the well-being of their communities, while also promoting aviation and related fields through aerospace/STEM education and helping shape future leaders through CAP’s cadet program.
Civil Air Patrol’s missions for America are many, and today’s adults and cadets perform their duties with the same vigilance as its founding members - preserving CAP’s 75-year legacy of service while maintaining its commitment to nearly 1,500 communities nationwide.
We'll work with your schedule.
Historic Flabob Airport4130 Mennes Ave. (Bldg 1)Jurupa Valley, CA 92509
May 4, 2020