Help Animals Find Their Furever Home - Volunteer as a Foster Case Managers
4 people are interested
Have a direct impact on saving animal lives by volunteering as a Foster Case Manager. This volunteer will work with fosters and rescued cats, dogs, and kittens to help manage and monitor the social and behavioral needs of the animals to help get them ready for their fur-ever homes. The Foster Case Manager is a great position for someone who wants to foster but can't for some reason. On-the-job training and mentoring will be provided.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with a set number of fosters to help manage and monitor the foster animals socially and behaviorally
- Work with Rescue and Foster Coordinators on placement of new animals
- Check in at least weekly with your fosters on the socialization and behavior of their foster animals
- Work with fosters on personality write-ups and updated pictures for website and social media postings
- Cat and Kitten Case Managers: Work with Foster Coordinator on placement of cats and kittens in display cages
Time Commitment: Flexible based on volunteer schedules. Volunteers will check in with fosters at least once a week and can expect a time commitment of approximately 16 hours a month.
- Completion of HSLC Orientation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Proficiency with email, MS Office, and Google Drive
- Willingness to positively represent HSLC and follow guidelines
- Ability to work in a collegial way with volunteers toward HSLC goals
Benefits of volunteering in this role include:
- Essential impact in saving more animals
- Invitation to volunteer appreciation events
- Opportunity to be highlighted in HSLC's Paw Prints Newsletter
About Humane Society of Loudoun County
P.O. Box 777, Leesburg, VA 20178, US
The Humane Society of Loudoun County is a Foster based volunteer organization that partners with the community to save more animals and achieve a No Kill Community
The Humane Society of Loudoun County (HSLC) is a non profit 501(3)c animal welfare organization founded in 1966. Our mission is to partner with our communuty to work towards a time when all animals have loving homes. We do not have a physical shelter or location.
We provide programs and services throughout Loudoun County Va, including Rescue, Foster and Adoption programs, Low Cost Spay/Neuter, a TNR and Working/ Barn Cat program, Youth and Humane Education programs; we partner with LCAS and Loudoun Interfaith Relief to provide pet food to families in need through our Pet Pantry program, and we participate in many different community events, festivals and fairs throughout the county and northern Virginia area.
We'll work with your schedule.
Loudoun County VALeesburg, VA 20175
- Social Media / Blogging
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- The time commitment is flexible based on volunteer schedules. Volunteers will check in with fosters at least once a week and can expect a time commitment of approximately 16 hours a month.