American Red Cross Volunteer - Blood Donor Ambassador
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Purpose: Provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to enhance the blood donor experience. Engage with blood
donors to promote blood donation and set the stage for a long-term commitment to regular blood donations
Location(s): Red Cross - Nashua, NH Area, Red Cross - Concord, NH Area, Red Cross - Keene, NH Area, Red Cross -
Portsmouth, NH Area, Red Cross - Manchester, NH Area, Red Cross - Berlin, NH Area, Red Cross - Colebrook, NH
Area, Red Cross - Littleton, NH Area, Red Cross - Laconia, NH Area, Red Cross - Conway, NH Area, Red
Cross-Plymouth, NH Area
Reports To: Blood Services - Employee - Volunteer Coordinator
* Welcome and greet donors, escort as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs through the
blood donation process
* Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately
* Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values
* Create a favorable impression of the Red Cross, and the blood donation process, that will encourage
* Make reminder calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed
* Be available and committed to the volunteer schedule
* Model excellent customer service behaviors
* Attend to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for his/her contribution
* Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas
* Punctual and dependable in arriving for assignment(s)
* Work with collections team supervisor or charge staff to help convert right type donors to power red
* Responsible to inform donors about Red Cross volunteer opportunities and share recruitment materials
Apply at redcross.org/volunteer
About American Red Cross
32 North Prospect, Burlington, VT 05401, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. Sleeves Up. Heart Open. All In.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that... ...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope; ...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters; ...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products; ...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and ...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
We'll work with your schedule.
Various Locations in VT & NHBurlington, VT 05401
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Time Commitment: Must be able to commit to a minimum of one 5 Hour Shift per month. Blood Drives are generally held on weekdays Monday-Friday(s) with the occasional Saturday/Sunday(s) between the hours 8am – 7pm.
- Apply at redcross.org/volunteer