ASL Fluent Volunteer Needed for Deaf Senior in Glendale!
1 person is interested
The Friendly Visiting program at Sunnyside Community Services connects homebound seniors with volunteers.
- We match volunteers who will befriend our seniors
- You will meet for an hour every week for a minimum of six months
- Our matches develop beautiful friendships that last sometimes last many years!
- Welcome a senior into your friendship circle as a Friendly Visiting volunteer!
If you know American Sign Language (ASL) and are interested in developing a friendship with a senior in Glendale, please reach out to Emma Finn at email@example.com or call at 929-335-7911.
About Sunnyside Community Services
43 - 31 39th Street, Sunnyside, NY 11104, US
Sunnyside Community Services' mission is to enrich the lives of Western Queens' residents by providing caring, quality services to meet their social, health, educational, and recreational needs and thereby strengthen our multicultural community.
Sunnyside Community Services is a settlement house serving over 18,000 youth, seniors, homebound persons, new immigrants, and families each year. Our vision is to be a pioneer in the provision of integrated services that address the changing, complex needs of the community.
Central AvenueGlendale, NY 11385
- American Sign Language
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Visit a senior in their home for one hour once per week for six months.
- This particular senior feels more comfortable with a male volunteer.