Experienced Maintenance and Home Repair Technician
Bello Machre provides loving homes for folks with developmental disabilities. Currently, we own and operate 54 homes throughout Anne Arundel and Carroll Counties. Our Maintenance Team is responsible for providing various repairs and installations at our homes, as necessary. They also respond to repair and installation needs within Bello Machre's offices.
Volunteers must be able to:
- electric: troubleshoot electric problems and perform electrical installations (including running circuits, fans, lights, etc.)
- plumbing: repair waste and supply lines; clear waste line stoppages; repair faucets and valves; install faucets
- appliances: troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair error codes; disassemble washers, dryers, and dishwashers to perform needed repairs
- small scale items: plunge toilets, unclog sinks, replacing light bulbs
About Bello Machre
7765 Freetown Road, Glen Burnie, MD 21060, US
Our Mission is to provide homes, support, and loving care for individuals with developmental disabilities, enabling them to participate as fully as they wish in all aspects of community life.
Bello Machre, founded in 1972, is a non-profit organization in Anne Arundel County, Maryland. Bello Machre means "home of my heart" in Gaelic. We nurture, teach, and care for hundreds of children and adults with developmental disabilities. Some are as young as three months old. Some are seniors. Many are struggling with severe medical conditions. But they all have one thing in common: the need for a loving family and for a home where they can feel safe and loved. We serve children and adults without regard to race, religion, gender, or national origin.
We'll work with your schedule.
7765 Freetown RoadGlen Burnie, MD 21060
- Facilities Management
- Home Repair
- Community Outreach
- Appliance Repair
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We are looking for a volunteer who can commit to this opportunity over the course of several months, at least one day a week for four hours at a time.
- Must be willing to drive/ride with staff to various homes throughout Anne Arundel County in order to aid the Maintenance Team with repairs and installations