FY 2020 Winter Internship
1 person is interested
Community Action for Improvement, INC (CAFI) seeks qualified college or graduate students for a 2020 Winter Internship. The intern will support CAFI in the administration of the Agency Capacity Building Program and Program Design and Evaluation Development Program. The main goal of the Winter internship is supporting Director of Program Design and Operations and/or CAFI Program Coordinators to create a new relationship with community organizations to connect CAFI supporters with volunteer services opportunities relevant to CAFI’s work around the five regions: Carroll, Coweta, Troup, Heard, Meriwether. This internship offers the opportunity to work remotely.
Community Action for Improvement, Inc. (CAFI) is a nonprofit organization founded in 1966 and headquartered in LaGrange, Georgia. The agency has provided services to low-income families or individuals experiencing homelessness or who are at-risk of homelessness for over 50 years, serving a five-county service area in Georgia. Counties served are Carroll, Coweta, Heard, Meriwether, and Troup. CAFI's mission, adopted in 1976, is to enhance the quality of life of individuals and families by providing services and resources that will facilitate the building of self-esteem and self-sufficiency through the active involvement of the total community. Since agency inception in 1966, CAFI has provided service connection, Weatherization, Low-Income Energy Assistance Program, and Homelessness Prevention and Housing Stability Program to Georgia residents seeking a hand-up, not a hand-out. CAFI has strategically provided services in community education, advocacy, and direct services to more than one million individuals. The agency has strived to offer programs and services that empower the community and citizens within its five-county service area to become self-sufficient and emerge from economic despair.
- City of LaGrange, Troup County; or
- City of Newnan, Coweta County; or
- City of Carroll, Carrollton County
Report to: Director of Program Design and Operations (M.A in Master of Nonprofit Management & MBA)
Duration or Time Commitment:
- 01/07/2019 to 03/18/2019(up to 10 weeks) (Flexible with start and/or end dates); or
- 200 hours maximum; or
- 10 to 15 hours per week (M-F) or
- match the school required hours;
- Flexible with days- preferable 2 days a week
- Community Outreach
- IT & Website design
- Social Media Communication
- Program/Project Analysis and Evaluation
- Human Resource
- Agency Administration
- Grant Writing
The responsibilities of the Fall intern will include, but not limited to the following:
- Engage the community to increase public support and potential donors
- Create a community engagement infrastructure to support CAFI long term.
- Assist with the Executive Director and/ or the Director of Program Design and Operations to create a community resource & engagement plan.
- Assist with the CAFI Staff to build and maintain a good relationship with communities.
- Stay informed of new developments in the resource development and fundraising fields and make adjustments to the CAFI resource development and fundraising plan as necessary.
- Participate in community activities that contribute to the acquisition and retention of individual donors/ partners.
This internship program is designed to provide interns with hands-on experience, training, community engagement, and professional development opportunities. Fall interns will gain valuable skills for a successful career in Nonprofit field. Based on skills, experience, and interest, interns may receive additional training and experience in volunteer management, fundraising, event planning, or program evaluation.
Personal Development Opportunities:
- Gain knowledge of the vulnerable populations and government grants
- Enhance personal organizational skills
- Make a positive impact on client lives
- Complete Academic internship requirement
- Gain reference for resume
Knowledge and Skills:
- An understanding of public policy and planning concepts
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to read, interpret, and explain program policies and federal compliance standards
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Students pursuing a degree in Human Services, Public Policy, Public Administration, Nonprofit Management, Social Entrepreneurship, Business Administration, Urban Studies, or
- Demonstrated interest in Nonprofit or Social Service and Community development
- Flexible and able to work well with others
To apply, please submit your resume and a brief cover letter to Terisa Liang at email@example.com. The application will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
About COMMUNITY ACTION FOR IMPROVEMENT INC
1380 LAFAYETTE PKWY, LAGRANGE, GA 30241, US
Our mission is to enhance the quality of life of individuals and families by providing services and resources that will facilitate the building of self-esteem and self-sufficiency through the active involvement of the total community
Community Action for Improvement is a Community Action Agency founded in 1966 that provides supportive services to low income families residing in Carroll, Coweta, Heard, Meriwether and Troup Counties. Through personalized case management, energy conservation education, employment readiness programs and youth empowerment services- CAFI provides services at over 5 service center locations throughout the state of Georgia.
We'll work with your schedule.
1380 Lafayette PkwyLaGrange, GA 30241
- Office Management
- Executive Admin
- Organization Design
- Program Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 01/07/2019 to 03/18/2019(up to 10 weeks) (Flexible with start and/or end dates); or 200 hours maximum; or 10 to 15 hours per week (M-F) or match the school required hours; Flexible with days- preferable 2 days a week