As a TED Translator, you get access to our unique, supportive community and cutting-edge content, to help you sharpen your language skills and spark positive change in the world. TED Translators use a free online subtitling tool to subtitle talks and connect with fellow volunteers around the world!Responsibilities
- Translate: Accurately transfer the speaker’s ideas contained in the original language into the target language.
- Transcribe: Create original language subtitles for TEDx talks.
- Review: Ensure translated/transcribed subtitles meet all requirements for publishing, and provide feedback on fellow volunteers’ work.
- Collaborate: Connect with peers and mentors through TED Translators initiatives, such as our Mentoring program.
Perks & Benefits
- Volunteer translators should be fluent in both source and target languages.
- Volunteer transcribers should be fluent in the transcription language.
- Volunteers should be knowledgeable of TED subtitling best practices.
- Get credited for your published subtitles on TED's video player and your special TED profile page.
- Work on fascinating content and develop your language skills.
- Participate in giveaway contests and virtual TED events.
Apply to become a TED Translator today at ted.com/translate and include this link on Volunteer Match to indicate where you learned about the TED Translators program. Once your application is approved, you will receive a welcome email including helpful resources to get you started!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About TED Translators
330 Hudson Street, 11th Fl, New York, NY 10013, US
Connecting People to Extraordinary Ideas.
TED is a global media nonprofit dedicated to spreading inspiring ideas about today's most important topics, from science to business to global issues. TED Translators make these ideas accessible to audiences worldwide by translating TED Talks online into 116 languages.
The TED Translators program enables volunteers to subtitle TED Talks at scale. Using a specially developed workflow and educational resources, volunteers can create high-quality subtitles for global audiences.
Our mission is to connect people to transformative ideas, wherever they are and whichever language they speak. Our 35,000 volunteers are students, educators, and language enthusiasts who seek to develop personal and professional skills, collaborate with peers, and give back to the community