Asylum Seeker Shelter Support Volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
5 people are interested
- Facilitate group activities for asylum seeking adults and children, including art, drama, computer labs, and other extracurricular activities
- Network with residents and local project staff
- Organize rooms in shelters or holding facilities
- Assist with set-up and tear-down tasks both inside and outside shelters
- Uplift spirits giving hope, sharing love and compassion with every adult and child you meetMay perform physical labor like painting, hammering, and able to lift 50lbs.
- Day trips to San Luis, Mexico
About Lutheran Social Services of the Southwest
10201 S 51st Street, Phoenix, AZ 85044, US
Showing kindness, doing justice, and serving those in need.
Lutheran Social Services of the Southwest lights the way in 10 Arizona counties, caring for the most vulnerable in our community since 1970. Serving 1 out of every 90 Arizonans, we partner with individuals, congregations, and government agencies to offer services and resources for refugees, children and adults with developmental disabilities, families, the poor and homeless who need food and shelter, and seniors. For many of the people we serve, Lutheran Social Services of the Southwest is the face of our community.
Serving Southeast, Southern, Central, and Northern Arizona
To learn more about our programs, call 480-396-3795 or visit www.lss-sw.org. You can also visit us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/lsssw.
We'll work with your schedule.
2502 E. University Dr.Suite #125Phoenix, AZ 85034
- Computer Science
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 1 full day
- Have a passport. LSS New Volunteer Orientation and on boarding paperwork. Will be given materials and instructions for each task.