29 people are interested
Make a lasting impact! Share your time with kids at Lurie Children's Hospital!
29 people are interested
**NOTE: The hospital has strict COVID-19 restrictions (such as universal masking, social distancing, and a Covid-19 vaccine mandate) in place to keep patients, families, staff, and volunteers safe.**
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago is seeking interested candidates to provide support and developmentally-appropriate play opportunities to our inpatients and their families.
If you enjoy helping others, making kids smile, and giving back, this might just be the opportunity for you! We are currently recruiting for our Weekday Program, specifically, which runs M-F, between 8am-5pm.
Assignment areas we're currently recruiting for:
Bedside Support & Play Volunteers
--Volunteers in these roles do calming and distracting activities (like art, games, reading, etc.) with patients on our acute care and intensive care floors, most often at their bedsides.
This gives patients something to look forward to and gives parents and caregivers an opportunity to rest, take a break, or take care of other needs.
Please note that Bedside Support & Play roles require previous experience:
- working with critically or chronically ill children,
- in a hospital or medical settings,
- or, similar intensive, direct-service work with children/youth
Time Commitment for Volunteers:
The time commitment for volunteers is a single 3-hour shift per week, for 6 consecutive months.
(Note: Shifts are set and on the same day/time every week)
General Program Requirements:
- Must be 18+ years old and no longer a student (please see our website for student volunteer opportunities)
- Must have at least one specific day/timeframe you can commit to that doesn't change week to week for the 6-month commitment
- Must feel comfortable working with children/youth of all ages (infant-24 yrs.)
- If selected, must complete a health clearance (including providing proof of a Covid-19 vaccine) and background check process before starting
- Learn more about this program and others offered via our website: https://www.luriechildrens.org/en-us/ways-to-get-involved/volunteer/become-volunteer/Pages/when-can-you-volunteer.aspx
- Submit an online application via the link above. You will receive further instructions upon submission and review of your questionnaire.
About Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
225 East Chicago Ave., Chicago, IL 60611, US
We are dedicated to the health and well-being of all children. As the pediatric teaching facility of Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, this commitment drives us to be a leader in: • Pediatric healthcare delivery • Research into the prevention, causes and treatment of diseases that affect children • Education for physicians, nurses and allied health professionals • Advocacy for the general well-being of all children. As a charitable organization, we serve children and their families to the best of our abilities and the limits of our resources.
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago, formerly Children’s Memorial Hospital, provides superior pediatric care in a setting that offers the latest benefits and innovations in medical technology, research and family-friendly design. As the largest pediatric provider in the region with a 130 year legacy of excellence, kids and their families are at the center of all we do.
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital225 East Chicago Ave.Chicago, IL 60611
September 14, 2021
- Children Medical Services
- Child Development
- Social Work
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2.5 - 3 hours per week, for 6 consecutive months (same day/time each week)
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccine