Teacher Assistant/Teaching Intern Spring 2020
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
8 people are interested
Who Are We? ReDefiners is a pioneering non-profit organization with the goal of developing a compassionate community of global citizens, who are both economically and socially responsible, through world language and cultural enrichment. Education in global communication is paramount in developing cognitive skills, creating opportunities for upward mobility, and establishing a foundation to excel in an ever-increasing globalized society. We strive to provide local language learning opportunities in Arabic, Spanish and Mandarin through our enrichment program to our children regardless of socioeconomic background. Who Are We Looking For? Elementary Education, Mandarin Foreign Language Majors/Minors, or individuals with relevant coursework are invited to join our team. If you are creative, energetic, proactive and looking to make a major impact through a small organization, while gaining valuable hands-on experience, you could be the next ReDefiners’ Teaching Intern. Requirements:
- Bilingual; Proficient in English and/or Mandarin/Spanish/Arabic
- Relevant coursework in the field of Education
- Experience working with children grades K-3 grades
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Able to assist lead teacher in classroom management
- Able to work well independently and within a team environment
- Able to pass a background screening
- Punctual and must have reliable transportation
- Works with Lead Teacher to plan and facilitate daily Elementary Language classes
- Assists Lead Teacher in small group activities
- Helps to maintain a positive learning environment through active classroom management strategies as directed by Lead Teacher
- Assists with Lunch and or Dismissal Duties
- Provides additional classroom support as needed
- Grassroots non-profit work experience
- Valuable hands-on classroom experience
- Opportunity to grow with a pioneering organization in language and cultural enrichment
About REDEFINERS WORLD LANGUAGES
8056 N. 56th St., Tampa, FL 33617, US
To promote social change, create equity in educational opportunities, and provide a competitive advantage for youth and adults.
Our organization is deeply grounded in our core values. We believe all children, regardless of background, are capable and deserving of language learning opportunities, language learning needs to begin before age 10, intercultural education and authentic relationships promote greater peace and in today’s society, students need to become global citizens.
Founded by a full-time educator, parent, and advocate for language learning, ReDefiners is a non-profit organization that prides itself in being a pioneer in the early language education programing in Hillsborough County. The organization is made up of qualified teachers, international student volunteers and business professionals who are passionate about language and cultural education. We offer language classes in Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), Spanish and English to youth and adults.
8056 N. 56th St.TampaTemple Terrace, FL 33617
- Teaching / Instruction
- Cantonese / Mandarin
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training