13 people are interested
Empower and support caregivers in Harris County
ORGANIZATION: Alzheimer's Association Houston & Southeast Texas Chapter
Please visit the new page to apply.
13 people are interested
Alzheimer's Association Support Group facilitators create a safe, open environment where people share their feelings, thoughts and experiences in a combined effort to better cope with and manage the shared problems of dementia.
· Encourage participants to provide assistance and emotional support to one another.
· Present pertinent Association materials and information to group members.
· Connect members of the community with additional Association services by proactively making referrals to Alzheimer's Association programs & free 24/7 Helpline.
· Ability to be empathetic and separate personal needs from group needs.
· Strong listening and effective communication skills.
· Ability to redirect and facilitate discussion as well as fulfill the duties and responsibilities as described in the Facilitator Agreement.
· Commitment to promote the mission and services of the Association and willingness to act as an extension of the Association.
· Experience with dementia as a family member or health care professional (preferred but not mandatory).
· Support Group Facilitators commit to a 1-year term, meeting monthly.
· Orientation includes: online general volunteer orientation (1 hour) + program volunteer orientation (1 hour) + self-study or in-person role training with staff partner (~4 hours).
· Support Group facilitators must observe 1 group in the community led by a staff or mentor plus review facilitation skills with a staff partner prior to deployment in the community.
· Background checks are required as part of the volunteer selection process.
· Comply with Alzheimer’s Association volunteer policies and procedures.
For more in-depth information about Alzheimer's and Dementia (45 min), follow this link: https://training.alz.org/products/4053/understanding-alzheimers-and-dementia After creating a simple account, click "Add to Cart" (it's free!), then "Enroll Now." You'll then have access to this helpful educational program. We hope you'll take advantage and learn more!
16 More opportunities with Alzheimer's Association Houston & Southeast Texas Chapter2 Reviews
About Alzheimer's Association Houston & Southeast Texas Chapter
6055 S Loop E at Long Dr, Houston, TX 77087, US
The Alzheimer's Association leads the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia -- by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
The Alzheimer's Association(r) is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research.
Learn more here: https://youtu.be/N2fprkWLTHI
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 17, 2023
- Elder care
- Group Facilitation
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 6 hours initial training + 4 hours monthly