Position Overview: The Shelver/Shelf-Reader helps to ensure books are in their proper order on the shelves by reading their titles and genres. They also help maintain the appearance and cleanliness of the shelves.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Utilize their knowledge of the Lewiston City Library collection
- Organize materials on the shelf
- Pay close attention to detail
- Work without direct supervision
- Read fine print
- Stay on their feet for up to two hours
- Strong alphabetizing skills
- Stamina to stand and/or bend for long periods of time
- Passion for books and desire to care for them
Time Commitment: 1-2 hours per week/flexible
Length of Commitment: Ongoing; at least a three-month commitment
Physical activities of this position : This position can require some lifting up to 25lbs, bending, and dexterity.
Contact: Rebecca Hardin, Volunteer Coordinator, 208.798.2525 x8016 firstname.lastname@example.org
About Lewiston City Library
411 D Street, Lewiston, ID 83501, US
The Public Library is dedicated to free and equal access to information, knowledge, independent lifelong learning, cultural enrichment, and the joys of reading for our diverse community.
Public libraries in Idaho seek to engage the talents, skills, and commitment of volunteers to serve the communities with information and literacy needs. Libraries offer a variety of skilled volunteer opportunities to make a meaningful contribution to library programs, operations, fundraising events, and other community engagement functions. Skilled volunteers have opportunities to lead projects, work with teams of staff and volunteers, learn new skills, and have fun.
We'll work with your schedule.
411 D StreetLewistonLewiston, ID 83501
November 21, 2019
- Library Sciences
- Inventory Management
- This is a flexible position starting at 2 hours per week.