Spanish Translator and Interpreter
3 people are interested
- Family-based visa petitions
- Permanent residency (Green Card) applications and renewals
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Citizenship and naturalization
- U Visas (victims of crime) and VAWA cases (survivors of domestic abuse)
- Special Immigrant Juvenile Status
- Consultations regarding immigration options
The Volunteer Spanish Translator & Interpreter will serve under the supervision of Catholic Charities Immigration Attorneys in Oakland. Training will be provided. This is a perfect opportunity for anyone bilingual in English and Spanish wanting to assist undocumented youth, individuals, and families in our community
- Interpret for Spanish-speaking clients attending USCIS interviews, consultations, and follow-up appointments with Catholic Charities immigration attorneys, BIA-accredited representatives, legal assistants, law clerks, and volunteers occasionally
- Translate documents from Spanish to English, such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, personal declarations, letters of support, and foreign legal document
About Catholic Charities East Bay
433 Jefferson Street, Oakland, CA 94607, US
Catholic Charities East Bay works with youth, children, and families to promote resilience, strengthen families, and pursue safety and justice.
Catholic Charities East Bay provides innovative solutions to help people who struggle with poverty and other complex issues. We work with youth, children, and families to promote self-sufficiency, strengthen families and pursue safety and justice. Help is offered through counseling, case management, financial support when facing a housing crisis, and more. We serve and work in partnership with all and celebrate the diversity of our community, including people of all backgrounds, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, and religious or spiritual affiliation or belief.
Learn more about how we are making a difference in the East Bay.
433 Jefferson StreetOakland, CA 94607
- Conflict Resolution
- Immigration Law
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 3-6 hours per week in our Oakland office on Thursday mornings.
- Requirements: • Must complete a Live Scan background check to be paid by Catholic Charities • Must complete a brief online training in recognizing and reporting abuse • This position is for our Oakland office only