1 person is interested
1 person is interested
Position Overview: Share your expertise by coaching adults as they learn tech skills! The Tech Tutor makes appointments with patrons on a weekly basis to teach computer literacy skills. The Tutor works with a diverse population explaining basic technology such as maneuvering through email, Internet, tablet devices, and smartphones.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Conduct individual training sessions
- Convey technical knowledge to a beginning-level adult student
- Help students learn at their own pace
- Solicit patron feedback
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for demonstrating new information
- Strong foundation in tech subjects such as basic computer, tablet, eReader or smartphone skills; internet and browser skills; setting up email and social media accounts; learning how to use apps and websites; and streaming or downloading free library eBooks, audiobooks, and magazines
Time Commitment: 2 hours per week
Length of Commitment: ongoing
Staff Support: Bonnie Gardner, Technology Librarian, 208.798.2525 x8012 email@example.com
Contact: Rebecca Hardin, Volunteer Coordinator, 208.798.2525 x8016 firstname.lastname@example.org
The tech tutor has the opportunity to use their expertise to bridge the digital divide for an under-served portion of the population and to make a considerable difference in people’s lives.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Lewiston City Library
411 D Street, Lewiston, ID 83501, US
The Public Library is dedicated to free and equal access to information, knowledge, independent lifelong learning, cultural enrichment, and the joys of reading for our diverse community.
Public libraries in Idaho seek to engage the talents, skills, and commitment of volunteers to serve the communities with information and literacy needs. Libraries offer a variety of skilled volunteer opportunities to make a meaningful contribution to library programs, operations, fundraising events, and other community engagement functions. Skilled volunteers have opportunities to lead projects, work with teams of staff and volunteers, learn new skills, and have fun.
411 D StreetLewistonLewiston, ID 83501
August 20, 2021
- Basic Computer Skills
- Database Administration
- Internet Research
- IT Consulting
- Macintosh Platform
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- This position is flexible.