TECH LAB VOLUNTEER
Position Overview: The Tech Lab Volunteer will assist the Technology Librarian with a variety of projects related to the maintenance and operation of the tech lab and library. The volunteer’s duties will depend on their experience and skills.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Clean and/or organize equipment
- Take inventory
- Test equipment
- Input data
- Help with tech lab programs
- Operate 3D printer
- Operate VR (Virtual Reality)
- Set up tech (computer/audio/video/projector)
- General understanding of computers and technology
- Passion for learning and exploring new technology
- High attention to detail
- Problem solver
- Robotics and/or coding (Scratch and Python a plus)
- Raspberry Pi
- 3D printing or 3D modeling software
- Digital drawing tablets and/or digital design/editing software
- Video editing
Time Commitment: Flexible
Length of Commitment: 3-month minimum
Staff Support: Bonnie Gardner, Technology Librarian, 208.798.2525 x8012 firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Rebecca Hardin, Volunteer Coordinator, 208.798.2525 x8016 email@example.com
About Lewiston City Library
411 D Street, Lewiston, ID 83501, US
The Public Library is dedicated to free and equal access to information, knowledge, independent lifelong learning, cultural enrichment, and the joys of reading for our diverse community.
Public libraries in Idaho seek to engage the talents, skills, and commitment of volunteers to serve the communities with information and literacy needs. Libraries offer a variety of skilled volunteer opportunities to make a meaningful contribution to library programs, operations, fundraising events, and other community engagement functions. Skilled volunteers have opportunities to lead projects, work with teams of staff and volunteers, learn new skills, and have fun.
We'll work with your schedule.
411 D StreetLewistonLewiston, ID 83501
- Basic Computer Skills
- Database Administration
- Internet Research
- IT Consulting
- Macintosh Platform
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- This position is flexible.