7 people are interested
Orange County - Youth Employment Specialist
ORGANIZATION: StandUp for Kids - Orange County
Please visit the new page to apply.
7 people are interested
Dates of Positions: Available immediately
Time Commitment: Project-based, 1 semester
The Employment Specialist will learn the StandUp For Kids (SUFK) vision and mission and then put that knowledge to work by participating in a semester long project researching, designing and implementing our youth internship program.
Research, design, and implement our chapters youth internship program
- Develop list of local small, med, large businesses that host interns.
Include, name, address, email and telephone number of HR person.
- Develop a proposal and plan for companies to partner with SUFK and offer kids
internships w/stipend or pay.
- Send via email, or US mail proposal to the companies
- Follow up with HR manager to set appointment to discuss via phone or in person.
* Hands on experience working in a start-up environment, learning skills to develop business
* Supervision/Mentorship from experts in a variety of fields
* Develop hands-on experience in the non profit industry.
* Experience in planning, conducting, and evaluating youth internship program.
* Go-getter personality, positive thinker, willing to learn
* Responsible, punctual
* Good communicator
* Able to work on a flexible schedule.
4 hour Orientation, Basic Training which includes background check processing ($18 fee)
On-going mentoring for each project will be provided.
About StandUp for Kids - Orange County
PO Box 14398, Irvine, CA 92623, US
The mission is to end the cycle of youth homelessness throughout the United States. We do this, every day, in cities across America. We carry out our mission through our volunteers who go to the streets in order to find, stabilize and otherwise help homeless and street kids improve their lives
StandUp for Kids fights to end youth homelessness by providing resources to homeless and at-risk kids. Resource rang from basic hygiene, healthcare, counseling, menroring, and drug and alcohol rehabilitation to support through our four core programs: Street Outreach, Mentoring, Outreach Centers and Apartment Support.
Aside from these resources and services, StandUp for Kids provides a caring community who values all homeless and at-risk youth. Our mentors and volunteers establish non-threatening relationships with youth and provide them with the lov and support of famlly, helping guide them to independence, education, and self-sufficiency.
1055 El Camino DrSuite ECosta MesaCosta Mesa, CA 92626
April 15, 2022
- Youth Services
- Social Work
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-5 hours/week