El Futuro needs you!
6 people are interested
El Futuro is looking for volunteers! Our main needs right now are based on the current needs of our staff. Volunteer tasks include:
- Outreach program (2-3 hours a week depending on availability of events)
- Satisfaction surveys (3 hours a month and it requires calls to clients in English and Spanish to administer satisfaction surveys)
- Filing system (2 hours or more a week and it requires organizational skills to ensure our patient charts are filed correctly)
- Green space/Mural (varies and it entails working outside on our green area next to our Durham clinic)
- Communication strategies and Fundraising (varies and it requires work with social media sites and communications team)
- Clinical projects (at times clinicians need assistance in completing non-clinical work)
- Other administrative tasks
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About El Futuro
136 E CHAPEL HILL ST, DURHAM, NC 27701, US
Our mission is to strengthen the whole community by providing and advancing bilingual and culturally informed behavioral health treatment for underserved Spanish speaking individuals and families. We do this by providing 1) high impact (evidence based) clinical services; 2) training for professionals who work with this population; and 3) prevention, education and outreach in the community.
El Futuro is a young and dynamic organization that has attracted national recognition for its pioneering work to provide mental health and substance abuse services to Latino families in central North Carolina.
Many of those we help have experienced sexual abuse, physical abuse, human trafficking, migration trauma, and many other traumas associated with poverty and immigration. Over the last 12 months, we served more people than ever (1,680) with more sessions (9,651) but maintained an average of about 6 visits per person - help provided that is not just crisis-oriented but also having long term impact.
Our staff and agency have received numerous honors including the 2006 Mental Health Association in North Carolina Heroes in the Fight Award, 2007 North Carolina Latino Diamante Award, and 2007 Citizen Award from the Independent Weekly . El Futuro was named as one of two " AHEC Centers of Excellence
Our most impressive achievement, however, is with each individual who achieves success! Those who come to us recover from their illness, refer family and friends, and value our support as we help them take steps toward a brighter "Futuro".
We'll work with your schedule.
2020 Chapel Hill RoadSuite 23Durham, NC 27707
- Mental Health
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training